Vindictive Flame/Ulzuins' Wrath

Hi folks, new to the forum. Just lost my first 100 lvl HC trying to go up against Mogdrogen for the first time. Ouch. Poor ol’ Witchblade: Witchblade, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I only missed one HC challenge I should have done before I tried, SR25 on HC ultimate. Now I’m on my way up with a new soldier. Level 75, no second mastery yet. Thinking of going Commando to use the Justice set (I have 2 pieces so far) with forcewave/blitz 2-hander. Fire damage and health regen I think.

Sorry, on to the actual question: I noticed Vindictive Flame adds that health regen with the buff and does not need to be “activated” to start working. Now I’m curious about Ulzuin’s Wrath, and I can’t test it without picking the mastery. Is the ADctH a global added to the passive, or only applies to damage done by V. Flame? Is the speed part of V. Flame also permanent? The retaliation to attack damage, buff or only on V. Flame?

On a side note, I was curious about Markovian Advantage. I can’t see a reason to use that over Blindside, is there something I might be missing? I like that Bastion set, but seems like that half of the skill boosts is pointless.

Think that’s about it for now. I try to search for answers first, but boy is this game complex. Great fun though. Thank you.

ADCTH and RATA only on VF damage, total speed global and permanent.

For Markovian, you’re going to be running Cadence or Fervor anyway to fill in the time betwen Blitzes and use the passives. Might as well drop one point into MA to give your attacks a bit more oomph. Bastion set also adds a chunk of trauma to MA, so you don’t need to constantly hit with it either.

I am under the impression that the RATA and the lifesteal only apply to the Ulzuin’s Wrath portion of the damage as it is a true secondary effect to Vindictive Flame - so strictly speaking it does not apply to the Vindictive Flame retaliation. This is only a minor distinction though (I could also be wrong but pretty sure I’m not!)

1 Like

This is exactly right. It’s a powerful effect but it only triggers when:

• Vindictive Flame activates and hits at least one enemy
  • There are more enemies in the Ulzuin’s Wrath range that did NOT get hit by the base VF effect

UW will then strike a number of those enemies, up to the max amount of targets listed on the skill.

So it’s really good against spread out groups of enemies, but does nothing against a single target or if they are all clumped around you.

1 Like

Thanks all for the info.

Especially Adequate’s I never would have figured out that’s how the skill works. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like