Vitality Cadence Bloodknight - Super safe 170 tank; 770k cadence crits when buffed/bannered

GT link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b283LdGN
YT link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xec00tiWzc&feature=youtu.be

Shoutout to fluff for helping me out with the theorycrafting process. Ditto for all the others who have made this game so special to me. :slight_smile:

Preface
The blood knight set is arguably one of the most versatile sets around as proven by Tz tz. I just find it strange that a vit-cadence variant has yet to be done.

Offense

1. Unbuffed/unbannered Sheet DPS of 153k with Dying God up
  2. 200% Attack speed
  3. -111% RR
  4. 50% WPS chance
  5. 85% phys --> vit conversion
  6. Low OA of 2.9k

NOTE: Fluff pointed out to me that taking Markovian’s advantage and Zolhan’s results in an overall DPS loss due to their slow attack animation lowering cadence uptime.

Defence

1. 3050 DA, 16k hp, overcapped resists
  2. 2500 armor, 100% absorption, 19% phys res
  3. 15% ADCTH
  4. 4 circuit breakers

This is the primary reason why this bloodknight is SO tanky:
a. Bloodthirster: 26s CD - 8s duration = 18s downtime
b. 6/10 MoT: (18s CD * 92% after CDR) - 4.6s duration = 12s downtime
c. Ghoul: (30s CD * 92%) - 6s duration = 21.6s downtime
d. Menhir’s Will: 20.2s downtime

Total duration of ‘invulnerbility’: 8s Bloodthirster + 6s Ghoul + 4.6s MoT = 18.6 seconds.

Since this total duration exceeds the downtime of both Bloodthirster and MoT, we can keep this chaining process going for perpetuity, with Menhir’s will as a nice failsafe.

Devotion pathing

1. Green crossroad --> Hawk, Spider --> Spec out of crossroad
  2. Purple and blue crossroad --> Ghoul, Viper, Eel, Kraken, Solemn watchtower
  3. Yellow crossroad --> Lion
  4. Manticore, Rattosh the veilwarden, 6 nodes into DG, 1st node of Ultos.

Cheaper/Viable gear alternatives

1. Gloves: Iceskorn talons
  2. Rings: Cursebearer
  3. Medal: Mark of the Dreadblade
  4. Weapon: Prioritize affixes in this order - (i) Phys to Vitality conversion, (ii) Attack speed.

Levelling
Physical forcewave spam with spectral wrath.

Blood Knight is slowly becoming the Justicar of Vit builds. Top tier for the build it’s intended for, High tier for the rest of the builds it can be used.

Was a bit surprised that the build doesn’t have Bat. Tried to shuffle devos a bit, ended up getting something with better damage but OA/DA sucks. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62awM8mZ

e: have you tested 12/12 Fighting form? Looks good for cruci cause there’s always hordes. Take points from maybe Necrotic Edge (also curious how this performs with just 1 WPS)

I haven’t tried 12/12 fighting form actually. I usually don’t, but that’s more out of habit than reason.

Where would you get the points from?

As for bat: I use it initially, but quickly realized it was a negligible source of sustain given that I have haunted steel and reaping strike as it is. The OA/DA boost feels a lot better in practice.

Just saw your thing on necrotic edge. Yeah, I’ll do a quick run later and we can see how it goes. Necrotic edge is kinda annoying anyway. But a 5 skill point investment into Fighting Form only increases the ‘maximum target’ from 2 to 3. You reckon that’s worth it?

Nice build, some questions though.

Why Spectral Wrath at 10/10? after 8 it starts to give only 1% per level so i tend to either stop at 8 or go as high as i can depending on how much spare skill points i have.

The other one i’m intrested about is Ill Omen over Ravenous Earth.
I don’t really play cruci so i might underestimate the value of omen spreading through the whole arena with one cast but i think RE’s universal damage reduction and better devotion proccing capabilities on single/fewer targets is superior.
I might be wrong because of cruci having different needs than main game as i said before.

So unless you are fond of ill omen you can try to skip it, pull down spectral wrath to 8 and squeeze 1 extra skill point from somewhere to get 1pt RE with 12/12 decay.
For main game it would be hands down better, i’m not sure about cruci (to say the least).

just my 2 cents

That makes sense to me. So something like this?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqKPwA2

i’d really get fighting form lvl 12. Leviathan WB could not do 7 min 150-170 without it. It’s so much better than WPS in this case

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0PLvMV

Like this?

Nice build! I am doing something similar as my first GD build ever so this was inspiring reading for sure! :slight_smile:

Where do you get the weapon, highest tier spectral warmaul? I am still using mine that has lvl 84 req (this one https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8771 )

Should I still try to farm it in the Spined cove and Arkovian undercity or is a better way?

I farm GDstash. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, your best bet is probably the crucible IMO.

I suppose doing the undercity is a pretty good way of farming them too as you’ll get nice loot along the way. :slight_smile:

Is GDstash like an external shared stash like GoMule/PlugY for Diablo II?

I get quite many nice Spectral War Shields and Ectoplasm from Ark Undercity, and Kilrian’s souls from the final boss there. But I have not yet seen a single highest tier spectral warmaul in Ultimate… the one I have now I actually bought from the vendor in Steps of Torment, in elite. It had good stats on it, including some nice attack speed so it was worth the 190k iron bits at that stage. But in Ultimate, that vendor just sold second highest tier spectral warmauls… :confused:

Will of Ratosh is unbound. What would you link it to?

New Grim Dawn player, veteran Diablo/POE though. I really like the design of this build.

GDstash is basically an external editor. You can level toons with it, create items, etc.

It’s an invaluable tool for crafting.

P.S. A piece of advice given to me from ptir - it’s easier to farm greens in elite.

I would bind it to Ill omen, or to ravenous earth (whichever one you decide to go for).

What you do mean by easier to farm greens in elite?

ah ok, so this forum supports cheating?

can the highest tier rare MIs drop in elite?

It’s not “supported” but it’s not banned either. However, it is common courtesy that items gotten through GDStash (or any other cheats/3rd party programs) shouldn’t be used in multiplayer or be traded to other players because that just ruins their game. So something like you can cheat but keep it to your own game.

And yes, the highest tier MIs can drop in Elite. Easier to farm at the cost of lower droprate, still worth it for weaker characters.

So the forum at the official site of a game does not ban (which in my ears is the same is supporting) cheating? Well I might consider asking for a refund from crate then. Why do people cheat in these kind of games, I really don’t get it…

I guess 95% of all the build guides here are made with that tool in purpose of e-peen growth?

Say I want to farm this https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8772 won’t the monsters have to be level 94 or higher to drop this? Where in elite can you find haunted champions with that level?

Why not use faction gear till you find Spectral Warmaul with vitality affixes?

Because I have this https://imgur.com/rK1QHIi

depends on how you define it, but for me (and Crate, I guess) supporting is not the same as being neutral and just letting the users decide on whether they should use it or not. Supporting is when Zantai himself just barges in on farming help threads and says “hey just use gdstash”.

I can’t speak for others on why they ‘cheat’ (this is the last time I’m using this word in this thread) but for me, it’s basically for me to have as much room on theorycrafting as the game allows. When you’ve played a lot of builds to ultimate, some to crucible, levelling, hell even most of vanilla ultimate becomes boring. But a new kind of game opens up in the name of Grimtools. Basically what I (and most builders, Gdstasher or not) do is open Grimtools, think of a concept and come up with a build. With the experience accumulated from hundreds of hours of gameplay, I can already tell whether a build can perform well in any part of the game (except mog and ravager) with relatively high accuracy, so I try some different item and skills combinations until I come up with something I like to test in the game. Now some classes/builds are just too item dependent and will require a lot of MIs to work. I may or may not have those things in my legit chars but one thing ia for sure: it is a hassle to manage inventories when you already have a lot of things. And I get bored easily so sorting everything just won’t work. GDstash is the easiest path for me. Doesn’t mean I can’t play legit. I already posted 3 builds here without GDstash and two of those turn out to be my favorites (stun jacks sorc, bleed witchblade, bwc sorc).

I guess 95% of all the build guides here are made with that tool in purpose of e-peen growth?

Now this is the biggest misunderstanding that people have with regards to builders. The only builder I know that posts GDstash builds other than me is sir spanksalot. And the purpose of doing this is to just present a concept that will work, as a product of the “Grimtools game” I mentioned above. Saying that a majority of builds here use fabricated items is an insult to Fluff, Chthon, Ptiro, madlee, and many others who post legit builds that are strong. Remember, not because you see double rare MIs mean that the build is not legit, and aside from a few others, those greens aren’t even needed. I’d say the amount of GDstashed builds in this forum is closer to 15%.

Say I want to farm this https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8772 won’t the monsters have to be level 94 or higher to drop this? Where in elite can you find haunted champions with that level?

Idk about SoT scaling in Elite but try in Tomb of Herald Mathis (that one tomb south of the malmouth camp). Level 94 items drop from level 84 and above enemies, so that’s the level you need to look for. If you find the SoT enemies in elite scaling to that level then it’s better there cause Ilgorr drops that mace too.

If you already after ~3 years have done all legit builds in the game, isn’t it time to move on to another game? I come from a Diablo II community where people still are not done with their legit goals (like untwinked 99ers, holy grails, stupid builds, and what not).

Thanks for the tips anyway, I will checkout SoT and Tomb of Herald Mathis on Elite then. Getting a weapon upgrade will still just increase overall dmg for me of the order of 10%, so overall I think I would be better off starting a new build and take that one as far as I can and then progress from there. I always give advice on new/returning Diablo II players that grinding for gear is not the first think one should have in mind, so I should probably practice what I teach :stuck_out_tongue: