[Vitality Melee] Azragorian Tactics - Vitality based DW Fleshwarped Strikes Cabalist

Thanks! Though I am surprised, you can dual wield the same item? I mean I never tried before, I only recalled TQ or Diablo 3 does not let you do that. I feel though that dual wielding is kinda wasted when you are not a Nightblade, with the appropriate skills.
Scourge Strike is a nice skill, but I was thinking of making a Cold/Vitality melee Necromancer build someday, that is more suited for such a build - there are plenty of armors for that build too.
And the Dark One armor is perfect for a Vitality/Poison/Acid Cabalist. You ever tried the fast-summoned exploding Blight Fiend build yet with the modified? Wonder if it is viable…

Hmm let me explain the concept of what I posted

1. Conversion-

Dark One + Riftwarped Grasp give you 90% Chaos to Vitality conversion (at best rolls)
2x Decree of Malmouth will give you 100% Elemental to Vitality conversion

This means Bone Harvest, Chaos Strike and Scourge Strike will deal mostly Vitality damage

1. Dual Wielding-

For achieving maximum possible value of conversion dual wielding is currently the only way to do so.
Nightblade WPS are formidable but do remember Necromancer Weapon Pool Skill - Necrotic Edge and Reaping Strike hit with both hands i.e support dual-wield.
So dual wielding isn’t wasted here.

Poison Blight Fiend build - thepowerofmediocrity either showed me the concept at some point or he posted it. I can’t recall it. The forums might have a hint to it

Yeah I got that, but as I said my mind is set on doing a Chaos+Vitality build, not a pure vitality one. But thanks for the tip, I was looking for some way to convert Cold and Aether damage some of the Necromancer skills I use do to Vitality or Chaos, I forgot that Elemental includes Cold too. :slight_smile:
They do? The skill description only says “Main Hand damage”. Or that changes if you use another weapon? I frankly wish there was an easier way for this than wasting a Medal slot.

It changes when you equip both weapons.
Medal Slot (Direwolf crest) >> Relic Slot (Blademaster Talisman) in most cases imo

EDIT:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68007

Ah, thanks.
One question - do you think for a melee character focusing on Vitality/Chaos is it better to use implements or regular swords/axes/maces? I mean the daggers and scepters often do pure vitality or chaos damage, but you lose out on the various %Physical to… conversions.

%Physical to x damage conversion is only required if:-
>You have a high damage skill like Cadence that primarily deals Physical damage
>Your have a lot of flat Physical damage available
>Your primary weapon has base Physical damage

For chaos I personally go with Bloodsworn Scepter since they’re much more easier to farm but Bloodlord Thalonis’ sword is the best (excluding random drops like Fang of Ch’thon etc)

For Vitality, Dreven Cole’s Scepter is the main thing I’d recommend but Bonespike (dagger) is also not so bad till you obtain the scepter

Okay, thanks! I will see about the damage. I just always kinda assumed Implements are more of a caster weapon then melee… standard RPG notions and all.

Guide updated

Guide updated