Vitality Oblivion Spammer - trying to work that Oblivion relic

In light of the recent complaints of diminishing creativity, I thought I’d put out this untested concept:

Vitality Oblivion spammer

Oblivion does have a pretty low energy cost, so that’s good.
Some thoughts:

• Resists need some more work and probably more DA would be good, but look at that chaos resist! (just happens to be on everything with OA, which this build desperately needs :man_shrugging:) There might be better items for this.

• Also could use some more cast speed, but I kinda like the set bonus here and don’t know where to find more.

Totems and oblivion, oh my!

1 Like

Interesting.
What about using valguur set instead?

Do you have a video? What’s that Oblivion animation looks like?

No, as I mentioned it is untested. Open build to anyone that want to finesse it and tweak it, though.

But maybe 3/4 Valgur could work with its 50% chaos conversion and bonuses to storm totem. It’s not as if you need the Wendigo for healing, as this thing probably has leech overkill. Plus the weapon and devotion total -13% leech resistance.

I’m not sure if it’s worth going 4/4 valgur as the offhand precludes the 2H weapon for that juicy %WD. For an Oblivion-spammer, that is.

Perhaps add in Grasping/Entangling Vines for some additional Vitality Damage?

But is 65% WD really worth investing in like that?

I’d probably try out something with awesome RR like Valguur or a Blightlord Oppressor first (though I guess Oblivion might come in danger of just taking a piggy back ride on what’s really just a Totem/Sigil/RE build…)

You could throw a couple of points in that. It’s a good proc skill, but also an extra skill. There is already a fair bit of Totem juggling with Devouring and Curse.

Yeah, idk if Oblivion will hold up in the big end-game. But this particular weapon also has impressive cast speed. So it has a couple of advantages for an Oblivion focus.

One thing I do like about Oblivion spam is the inherent 25% fumble for 2s. When spamming, that’s got to stick reasonably soon.

That could just be one more reason to use it for defense/sustain on builds with CD nukes, though, kind of like Stormfire on steroids (which is a little boring, I admit, but might actually be worth it).

Maybe just throw it on x1’s Blightlord Oppressor & call it a day? :stuck_out_tongue: You’d probably only have to change chest for chaos>vit conversion, gloves for %CS + ditch Vire’s since we’ve got another devo proccer with Oblivion now…

Edit: scratch that, %vit looks waay too low on his BL Oppr. + Oblivion without additional changes. Maybe sth. like this instead?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWOEGnV
(But I’m not entirely sure if Harbinger over Mandate is really worth it here; %crit dmg is pretty awesome)

Tried Oblivion spammer for Poison/Acid Dervish. Works somewhat decently but needs greens for resists and potions for energy sustain: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYOvo4V.

1 Like

All good ideas. That 60%vit RR from Shaman is hard to give up though (spammable)

The RR seems ~equal with the Blightlord OK giving 41+ 20proc = 61. Necro vs Occ ~ equal. I’m guessing the 20% to ravenous probably equates to ~5-10RR bonus since overall -%RR is around 130. Ascension downtime does cut into the OA a bit for some of the time, though.
So Ravenous and Siphon vs the Totems. Fair enough.

The more Oblivion attempts, the better imho.

I had thought of this as a fun Fire version with Festerblaze but the cast speed was lacking and it needed much more work as it is pretty squishy and Ascension is missing: Fire Oblivion Festerblaze attempt.

I even considered Path of the Three for the CDR now that 100%fire>vit isn’t really a thing anymore…

OA seemed a little low to me too, but since x1 managed to do ~6:30 with even less I figured it should work :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I have to admit that Shaman RR is pretty bonkers, too :slight_smile:

I was actually about to test the BL Oppressor btw, and then the patch hit – and now I want to try Harra’s again instead…

How about using Death’s reach instead of Wildblood crusher? Damage and skill bonus, vita RR for DS but also Pox. I guess 25 cast speed is hard to pass up?

It could work, but if you’re gonna try for spam…CS is indeed nice.