[Vitality Ranged] Packla's Corruption - Vitality based Fire Strike Pyromancer

Just to be clear on a few things. The build doesn’t have anything to do with the unique boss Packla. In fact if I recall correctly his/her primary damage type is Bleeding but since I use the beast’s mask for my illusion I picked the name.
On to the build, this is a simple Vitality based Ranged build concept using the Fire Strike skill mod on Conduit of Destructive Whispers.

Grimtools -

Pyromancer - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BGMJbV

*Screenshot with Dying God and Blood of Dreeg

Defiler - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkgr0QN

*Screenshot with Dying God and Soul Harvest

FAQ-

Is the Defiler good despite the clear difference in sheet DPS among the two versions?

Yes, sheet DPS is sometimes not an accurate indicator of a build’s strength. This is one of the cases. The WPS contribute greatly to effective performance and sheet DPS doesn’t completely account for them.

Why not use Corruption of Gargabol?

Well, it’s good but it felt kinda slow to me when compared to Morguul.

Why not pick Siphon Souls on the Defiler?

With the limited skill points I have it’s just not worth it

Which is better among the Pyromancer and Defiler?

I prefer the Pyromancer mainly because of how friendly the Occultist mastery is. The only thing Occultist lacks is Mark of Torment

Is Aether to Vitality conversion usable here?

I did it with my Fleshwarped Strikes Vitality build. Here it works but the OA/DA loss by giving up Dark One isn’t worth it.

In Closing-

Credits to korsar for recommending Dark One pieces

This turned to be better than I had originally expected and was rather fun to play with. Hopefully you guys enjoy it as well

(Reserved)

(Reserved_)

Interesting using of Dagallon’s guns. You need only 459 cunning thanks to Hawk btw.
More firevitality power variant(way less defensive).

Aw crap
Why did I forget that set is good for something besides the proc. Thanks man
Let me respec

Aw crap
Why did I forget that set is good for something besides the proc. Thanks man
Let me respec

EDIT:

Respec’d and it looks much better in the tool tip breakdown. Less of a clusterfuck of damage types now
Thanks mate

The stat point remained like like that cause of testing different things. I hate the stat respec system since we need to refund all points even to make minor changes. So left them like that :smiley:
Tbh on this particular build a few extra stat points don’t make much a of a difference but I should at least edit the GT link to display correct values :stuck_out_tongue:

damn these days you post so much builds i dont have time to check them,
but damn i have to say thats an original you made there,
dw ranged vitality ? sounds weird ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Korsar’s contribution was vital (no pun intended)

I posted two today btw :D, wanted to post another gunslinger tbh.
I am kinda dumping builds to clear my build posting schedule a bit so that I can update some builds guides that require my attention like the FW guide and the S&B guide. Shouldn’t be too long now cause I am almost done (1 more new build) and after that I update some old guides

im gonna have to check back your previous thread then, i saw imissed some builds you posted recently, didnt got much time, and was mostly focusing on some ideas i had,but nothing satisfying enough to be posted, or too close to existing ones :confused:
anyway, this one seems very interesting,but tbh vita+ranged +fire strike conversion seems rough to build, its already impressive youmanaged to makea build around this even if i believe what yousay about killtimes

Believe me on this one
It’s slow like I said and it was disappointing. I mean I don’t mind slow builds when using exotic concepts but I had high hopes for this one.

EDIT:

@korsar screw it I re-did the stats, you made my OCD act up :p. I wish they fix this somehow it was like 3-4 and I had to redo the whole thing for those

I’m thinking of a ranged toon for my next build, and yours looks interesting. How much vitality damage is being output though? I see a few items that add flat vitality damage and a few that add vitality damage to a skill but it mostly looks fire based. Am I missing something?

I’ve been trying hard to make vitality work with my second weapon set but the gear I have right now won’t do. It’s OK but I loose a pet mid fight (two black grimoires) until the cooldown ends and the damage is middling. Build

Is it even possible to get a balanced damage output with a ranged secondary weapon set?

Always welcome :wink:
Still I think would be better to take Solemn watcher and max Flashbang. That crit damage from Panther gives you nothing.

My build works because of the skill mod on the Conduit of Destructive Whispers. Without the skill mod you won’t be able to make this setup work at all

I am not sure if Vitality Warlock is the best way to go, Arcanist brings nothing to support the damage type.

If you want to follow the build guide you can do so w/o hesitation as the build itself will get a buff in 1.0.5.0 patch, that is assuming the weapon showcased in the misadventures doesn’t get changed

It’s a slight damage increase for sure but since I lack CDR to keep up Hungering Void I went with panther to get an extra source of crit damage. I’ll look into it when I get my hands on Galgabor’s Corruption

Ah, I did miss something. OK.

The Sentinel has shown me the error of my ways :o

If you want to follow the build guide you can do so w/o hesitation as the build itself will get a buff in 1.0.5.0 patch, that is assuming the weapon showcased in the misadventures doesn’t get changed

Nice, but I think I have a few more mistakes left in me yet! Some of these builds are materially beyond my current asset list. It’s probably the best way for me to learn anyhow – in conjunction with homework. No pain, no gain etc. etc. Thanks.

He’s the toughest boss a pet build can face imo
IIRC he can put your pets under his control

and the only boss to almost kill my hc pet build, left me with around 50 hp! :rolleyes:

To anyone following the guide

Replace pistols with Gargabol’s Corruption
Add Ill Omen to the setup
Replace Conduit with Peerless Eye of Beronath

Just theoricrafted around Gargabol’s guns. Got ridiculous attack speed(~140%) and 9 active skills. Need to do something with these pistols.

Indeed
I hope with the Gargabol’s MI out they’ll consider buffing the Attack Speed on Morguul’s Mortality even further. That might help otherwise I am sticking to the Dagallon guns

Dagallons have too low percentage damage, which also decreases dps. No love for vitality ranged these days (