Voice chat on grim dawn v1.1.4.2

hi all,

good day!

just a silly question but your help is much appreciated…

i was playing grim dawn v1.1.4.2 (all DLCs included) with my brother, we are connected via LAN MULTIPLAYER.
however for some reason we cant talk to each other, voice chat seems not to work.
there is a DISABLED MIC logo next to the picture of my brother’s character located on the top left side of my screen (please see attachment, DISABLED MIC logo is encircled in red).
how do i ENABLE MIC/VOICE CHAT?
your help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance!!

Have both of you enabled Voice Chat in the Audio options?

hi sir,

i did (both my pc and my brother’s pc) but to no avail, some players are using discord but i want to use the game’s setting to avoid using additional desktop application or resources.
do you have workaround on this sir?

hi all,

i would really appreciate your help guys, how come im still muted even though we have activated the voice chat in the audio options?

thanks!

• If you also actived Push To Talk, then you might need to assign a key for it on the Keybinding tab.
  • Can each of you hear your own voice, if you start Test Microphone?
  • Do you have any other voice chat applications, so that you can test if your headsets are working?

I tried push to talk,still did not work,i tried the test mic,i cant hear my voice.

However,i use the same headset during skype,messenger and other apps and it seems to work fine.

We are getting more technical and I am running out of ideas.

• Have you tried Voice Chat, if you connect via the internet instead of starting a LAN session?
  • Disable your anti-virus software, or check if you can set an exception for audio.

Hi sir,

Sorry for being bothersome,ill try connecting thru internet and see if voice chat works,ill update you later.

I’ll also try setting an exception or disabling the antivirus,ill update you later.

Tnx

hi,

i tried using voice chat thru internet and it still does not work also tried setting an exception thru firewall and disabling the anti virus but to no avail.
if all else fails, ill use 3rd part app instead like discord.
do you have any ideas or tips sir?

thanks!

I set up a Jabra on my computer and my wife’s computer. The mic test worked and after some adjustments we were off and running. My Brother and his wife live with us and are on the same network. I hooked up one of the headsets to my brothers computer and the mic wouldn’t work AND my wife and I were both showing on his computer as not having mics setup. I could hear the audio of the game in the headset, but the mic just wouldn’t work. What gives?
I did not need to set up any special drivers on my computer. We just configured a few in game options and were good to go.

I realize it is almost 8 months later, but was this issue ever resolved? I am having this issue currently and cannot find any information on it. Even without launching a game in the audio portion of the menu, I cannot get the mic test to work. Voice chat is enabled, privacy settings have been checked, headset works in other applications. I am at my wits end with this. I know that I could use a third party application, but would like to play with my son. His laptop can just barely run Grim Dawn. I am not sure it could handle running a background process at the same time. If I can not find a solution to this, I suppose I will have to use Discord.

Thanks for any and all input.

We are experiencing this too with our pc’s is this something that is going to be fixed. I do not like having to have 3rd party anything added to my computer to be able to play games. I would like to know if this is going to be fixed as myself and my husband loved playing this game before when we could connect and talk freely via headsets. All other games we play work fine with the headsets and we have tried all the options above in this chat session and none of them have fixed the problem.

Same issue here. The game does not seem to have access to my mic. Mic Test does nothing

Hello. has the issue been resolved? I have the same problem …

I’m waiting for a solution too, same problem.