Want to finally play start to finish

exactly. Until you get the axes you are better off just throwing cocktails and mines.

btw are you just interested in completing the game in normal difficulty? You dont need any guide for that, you can do that with just greater fire blast component skill and selecting no class at all tbh. Normal difficulty is VERY easy.

Perfect, thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ll probably continue to play through and farm ect.

I played this when it first came out and when act launched ha, havenā€™t really played sinceā€¦ I played HC Veteran as a Soldier class and tried to farm Cronley back in the day, he obliterated me so going to play through once here to see whatā€™s new and whatā€™s changed and then try HC Veteran again, see if I can do it. :smiley:

How do I share my progress like when you post your heroes, it shows their current gear ect?

Thanks a bunch. :smiley: Currently just finished a bunch of quests, only have ā€œWe Need Foodā€ left, my current build/gear is this having some fun. :smiley:

Always surprised when ppl dont use the Slith Primal ring (a ā€œfreeā€ ring you get from a rover quest in wightmire, triple res ring) and not using ā€œBone talismanā€ relic from another Rover quest :slight_smile:

Also if you wanna continue with the BWC route a while longer, might be worth farming https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/2174 or Groble Ember Effigy and this medal Martinā€™s Crest

Honestly, I didnā€™t use it because I wanted the damage over resistances, I feel like in HC Veteran I probably want the resistances more than the damage but seeing as Iā€™m playing Normal as a first playthrough, Iā€™m just testing the waters. :smiley:

How do I tell if Iā€™ve done the quest ā€œā€œthe hidden pathā€ is there a way to look at completed quests?

That does look like it may be worth farming. :smiley: Iā€™ll do few runs, see what I find. :smiley: I donā€™t know at what points I should be farming, Normal is much much easier than I remember veteran being.

I also found this, not sure how I found a level 50 legendary but it makes me wish I made a bleeding hero instead. XD

Edit : One thing I do wish they had done was a much larger inventory or put the stash closer to the WP lolā€¦ I pick up all the crafting material (not sure if I need to) and doesnā€™t even matter if I stash, 1/4 of my main inventory fills up os fast.

Edit #2 : It was 100% worth farming, literally doubled my BWC damagehaha.

There are tons of easter egg legendaries and epics in the game now. Maces that looks like shields, star wars helm, ring with +5% experience gains, etc that are guaranteed drops for all characters.

Idk how ā€œmenacing gold band of celerityā€ is more damage than Slith Primal ring which has ā€¦ is it 10% extra damage to beastskins - a common monster type in act 1 and 3

If you farm Martin for his medal, your damage will go sky rocket again.

No idea why you changed shoulders, the green ones you had were 10 times better. Try to be color blind, an item is good if it is good, not if it is blue, green or purple. You previous shoulder gave +3 BWC and much more resistances. Look:

sure it has a tiny tiny amount more armor and hp, but it is not a game changer like the green shoulders offers.

You could start use components now, here is a guide about those for beginners Component Setups before Endgame

And attribute points, try to spend into physique, like keep a buffer of 10-15 points unspent - rest spend in physique. It is good that you keep putting points in the Demo mastery bar, keep doing that :slight_smile: Get some points in blast shield too, good safe passive skill to become almost immortal for 4 seconds. Like get 5 points it should suffice in normal.

Finally, do not work to get ā€œImpā€ aim for ā€œSolael witchfireā€ devotion instead. When you get the EoR axes, you can reset the devotions or back track to follow my " How to get the final build devotion map" in the guide. You kinda need the energy regen from Tip of Scales, since you are not using the Mana infusion skill from ā€œBone talismanā€ (make sure to pick up the elite and ultimate versions of that relicā€¦)

1 Like

Yeah, all I meant is Iā€™m only level 30, not sure how I found a level 50 item. :slight_smile:

I wasnā€™t looking at the 10% damage to specific type, just overall damage, shortsight I suppose.

I shall farm Martin a bit!

I had to change my shoulders as I didnā€™t have enough spirit. I meant to keep those ones and sold them by accidentā€¦ Didnā€™t want to put points in to spirit to wear the offhand, still doubled my damage but definitely should have kept the green ones until I leveled a bit more! Ugh.

I will read that guide now! Thanks. :smiley:

Yeah I havenā€™t been really spending Attribute points, didnā€™t know what end game looked like, didnā€™t wan tto waste them.

Iā€™ll get tip of scales for now then, thanks!

it is an easter egg item that you found by smashing an urn where the item is located.
For instance these:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=totally%20normal&in_description=1&exact_match=0

You can refund attribute points later with certain potions, just keep a buffer of about 10-15 points. Spirit you can get by using polished emeralds also, in head, chest and rings. Cheap component that you will drop loads of.

Shoulders, you can always back track and farm some new ones.

Iā€™m kind of glad haha, I didnā€™t throw those shoulders out!

So I spent a couple points in to spirit and now I look like this. :smiley: here I didnā€™t know you could get attributes back, currently I have 20 unspent.

I decided to use your ā€œBone Talismanā€ for now and see how that goes, oddly I didnā€™t sell that either lol.

Can you only farm shoulders with specific +skills ect from specific enemies?

Green shoulders that give +skills are so called monster infrequents and drop from certain monsters. Blue and Purples ones are random. Also faction shoulders are green and give +skills

Try to use soul shard or corpse dust in rings for vitality resistance

Gotcha, thanks. :smiley: Did all you recommended so far.

Just hit homestead, current build is here, still melting most things. :smiley:

did you remove greater fire blast skill?
for the weapon, craft ā€œEnchanted flintā€ for a fire buff toggle skill.

Your toggle skills you can have on your secondary skill bar.

You only need 2 scaled hides to get almost 100% armor absorb. For chest you can use something else like hallowed ground or chains of oleron when you drop those.

No, I just had my other skill on my right click so I could see the damage fluctuation based on equipment swaps. Not sure if thereā€™s an easier way to tell or not lol.

Didnā€™t even know there was a second bar, thank you!

Oh, I misunderstood the absorb obviously then, just found a Chains Of Oleron while farming some extra dynamite so thatā€™s perfect actually. :smiley:

the absorb is calculated as 0.70*(1+2*0.2) = 0.98 so 98% absorb (for 2 scaled hides)

Gotcha, thanks for all your help man. :smiley:
Just finished clearing Port Valbury, I need a skeleton key to this area, just like another one previouslyā€¦ I know I can craft them but how hard are these dungeons and should I do them now or wait until end game to do them? I guess Iā€™m playing SC so I could just find out myself but just curious.

unless you either need to farm or shop a monster infrequent for your build that only drops there/drops lots of in those, just skip them for now. Save the skeleton keys for later difficulties

Honestly for a first playthru I would kinda recommend doing them when youā€™re in the 40-50 level range. This way you know what to expect better later on. Getting more keys isnā€™t all that hard to do, honestly, that a few keys used now is going to matter in the long run.

I have dozens of keys. Hit me up if you need any.