War Cry Conduit question

Does anybody know whether the War Cry version of the Conduit of Warring Whispers stacks with the other rr on the skill? As in, does the 22 rr from the conduit combine with the Break Morale and the Terrify rr to reach 57 phys rr and 40 ele rr respectively? Or is it that, since Break Morale applies phys rr and Terrify ele rr while to conduit applies all rr to the skill, only the highest will apply to any given resistance? I’ve tried testing this myself but my weapon damage range is so wide that I sometimes land bigger hits before than after War Cry, so telling the 22 % dmg difference is tough.

2 Likes

Take a look at this thread: Flat res reduction and ways to apply (and how important is it still?) - #11 by Stupid_Dragon

It seems that it doesn’t stack. If terrify sucks for some reason, I guess it’s tiny bit better but I wouldn’t bother with it.

Always worth to test it though, the game surprises us constantly.

1 Like

Ok grabbed the HoMM3 save and while the math isn’t exact, it does imply that only the highest rr mod on the skill applies, no addition. With Cadence + Discord, the Cadence hit deals 1598 damage before Conduit War Cry and 1972 after Conduit War Cry, which makes for a 23.4% damage increase. That number is a bit odd to me. The conduit should apply -22 rr. Now, the dummy has a 13 % elemental resistance. -22 rr should bring that to -9 %. So I should be doing slightly over 125 % of the damage I did before, but I’m doing a few percent less for some reason. I’m guessing either the conduit doesn’t apply exactly -22 rr or the dummy’s elly res has some hidden decimals in there to screw with the numbers. Regardless, I’m most definitely not getting 40 rr from the conduit, so that part’s settled.

1 Like

The increase from 1598 to 1972 is precisely as if Dummy had 6 Elemental Res.
1.16 / 0.94   = 1.23404255…
1972 / 1598 = 1.23404255…

Yes, I usually take names for my characters from List of heroes (HotA) - Heroes 3 wiki
I didn’t get it before I clicked on my save.

I’m too bad at math to ask how you managed to pinpoint which % res the target had to be on for this to line up XD Either way, that’s still a strange number. I just loaded the char without looking at what difficulty it was set to but the dummy shouldn’t have 6 % res on any difficulty (0 on normal, 8 on Elite, 13 on Ultimate), assuming all the dummies across Cairn are the same.

1 Like

Oh I just solved this equation 1972 / 1598 = (1.22 - x) / (1 - x)
It becomes linear when you multiply both sides by (1 - x) and you get 0.06 from it

3 Likes