[Warder] Pure RETALIATION, REFLECT, INVINCIBLE, 100k+ DAMAGE, Hardcore Ultimate 100% Done (SF Gear)

If you are buying revered level faction items getting better rolls means restarting the session ,exit main menu and start game again, until you get good stats on them.

Like on kymon’s chosen Chestguard you want a roll with at least over 300 pierce retaliation and 5% phys resist. For example. You re-roll the session ti’ll you get that.

thanks man appreciate it!

Squib. Firstly thanks for the guide

Secondly,
You’re still missing some BiS stuff, any recommendations for that?

During your fight with The Mad Queen you used Meat Shield, is it a must?

Finally, what is this in your inventory?

I guess they are part of backers reward. Blue colored one is Will’O’Wisp in a Jar and first one on left is Burrwitch Brew.

Well, this build has carried me through Ultimate.

Reflect helps greatly against casters and ranged enemies but fighting summoners predictably sucks. I see no way to fix this problem except getting better gear or respeccing into something else. Still, some tricks may help a little:

• Sacred Strike lowers enemy resistances and provides a noticeable DPS boost on anything you have to hit.
  • An item like Necromancer’s Deathgrips works perfectly as it basically converts enemy summons into your own.

That’s actually kind of what I’ve been looking for. Can’t really find a build that mostly focuses on procs when you get hit rather then retaliation.

I’ll make a build thread on it later in the week when I can record some gameplay video. I changed devotions and gear around and I think it’s a pretty solid setup. I was even able to complete standard spawn Gladiator with it, although it took a lot of buffs/potions and I was running for my life during the last three waves. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember finding this thread almost right after I bought the game, way back when. I loved the idea of a retaliation-based character but I wasn’t really sold on the Warder (having to toss down the Wendigo totem just seemed clunky).

So I tried to make it work on a Witchblade. Seemed pretty logical, you build/devotion for survivability, the Bloody Pox (with Fevered Rage) to speed up mobs beating themselves to death on your shield, and you have Doom Bolt (and/or Sigil of Consumption) to deal with mobs who prefer to stay at range.

Either it was a case of being a build you can’t really level up as (the swarms of bees in act 2 would murder me after being poxed) or I just didn’t know what I was doing (very possible), but it didn’t really work at all.

Maybe some day I’ll try it again…

Ya I tried that too, also tried a blade master first. Both “worked” just not as well as the Warder. Still fun though.

What is the highest percentage you can get Shield Block too? Using the suggested armor from his 100K proc build, I only managed to get shield block to 75%.

Well, sounds alright in theory but you need something to reclaim HP in practice and Im not sure Sigil of Consumption is a viable option in the long run. Shaman is kinda needed for Wendigo Totem, no two ways around it.

I thought into the same direction but I took the other way around.
I tried to compensate OP’s apparent weakness to magic and ranged weapons with a ton of things that proc when you get hit (just when you get hit; this includes magic and ranged).

I ended up with an assortment that manages to take most hits fairly well and has all hell break loose when I get hit.
Equipment is of course more restricted but I can melt through caster bosses without waiting an eternity and a half.
I use Devouring Swarm, Wendigo Totem and the Final Stop shield bash thing as my offensive presence.

I got the following when I get hit:
50% Bloody Pox (Abyssal Mask)
100% Mark of Death (Bloody Pox in bigger and single target; Death Omen)
33% Thread of Mortality (Vitality based chain lightning that heals half the damage it deals, Thread of Mortality)
10% Doom Bolt (Sigil of the Depraved)
10% Aether Nova and 5 seconds of Fear (Screams of the Aether)
15% of 2 seconds Terrify (Screams of the Aether again)
20% Messenger of War
15% Giant’s Blood
15% Fetid Pool (this one is crazy because it has no cooldown)

I also get a 30% chance to raise a spirit for 30 seconds whenever something dies (Necromancer’s Deathgrips) and a 15% chance to form a poison cloud whenever I attack (Mark of the Apostate).

Discounting the ghosts, I think the toxic gas cloud has a chance to activate off of any of the above as long as my chatacter deals any form of damage himself. Granted its not much by itself, but if stacked with DS, Fetid Pool and Elemental Storm (bound to the totem) it racks up.

Has anyone tried this build with the Dawnguard set? Seems like the Lighting retaliation can get really high plus there is a relic Eye of the Storm that gives a lot of lighting retaliation with the toggle it has. Just wondering if a mix of Dawnbreaker and Dawnguard would be a viable route.

Dawnbreaker is listed as Best in Slot.
Except the medal.

Yes dawnbreaker is but I asked about dawnGUARD set.

I have a level 68 warder following this build…that said I don’t want to read 57 pages of comments…lazy I know.

I ran into the Darkvale guy that regens and is a caster. I couldn’t dps him faster than he could heal. Plus I just stand around in rooms letting caster types wear themselves down. Any thoughts on how this can be speed up…melee types just melt around me.

Very thank you for this guide. I am trying this build now.
The Devouring Swarm tip for start leveling is so great. I feel that I am immortal from the beginning :smiley:

I must find similar tips for ranged builds based on Demo, Arcanist and Ocultist.

Very thank you for this guide. I am trying this build now.
The Devouring Swarm tip for start leveling is so great. I feel that I am immortal from the beginning :smiley:

I must find similar tips for ranged builds based on Demo, Arcanist and Ocultist.

So, I’ve been making a character off of this build. Just unlocked Ultimate yesterday and Gladiator on Crucible the day before that, obviously not max level but getting closer. I’ve completed Aspirant Crucible all the way through with absolutely no hitches, including the extra spawn, but from wave 100 onwards in Challenger Crucible I have to have Overguard(maxed with +2 points) up or run like heck. Twice now, and the only times ever through all of Veteran and Elite, I’ve died.

Tips for surviving rushes of 10+ heroes plus one or two bosses on most waves?

You probably already do this but, Totem, Heal proc devotions, Warcry, Stonewall Banner (very good), Empyrion’s guidance.

Also some AOE could prove useful. Retaliators have problems with that. I recommend you try Avenger relic sometimes.

you can use this build for inspiration http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47404

Made by a member of the chineese community recently and very well manages to mitigate all issues retaliators have with Reflect and items that give AOE damage.

Avenger is great, Beides flat retaliation values, the proc is very strong, good damage every 1.5 seconds with 20% change to proc when hit. With all the crap being thrown at you in crucible it will certanly proc all the time.

Thanks. I’m following this build pretty well, or at least I think so. Even with 15K health, maxed Totem just doesn’t heal enough when I’m getting pounded on all sides by multiple heroes and bosses. Like I said, Overguard up or running away until it comes back up.

Also of note is that I’m nowhere near BiS items. This is the first char I’ve gotten to Ultimate and am trying to push this through as a very safe farming character.

(I’m also using the mod MRGA, which pretty much removes the need for reflect, and that’s a huge relief because in Elite before I got it, it took several minutes to do anything with ranged trash mobs. Trash mobs.)