Warhammer 40k Inquisitor - Martyr

Can i play necrons

No. Crusader, Assassin and Psyker only

I enjoy Martyr. But as a game it is nowhere near as good as Grim Dawn. Its “okay” but not “great”.

When Martyr does things right, it is what Hellgate London should have been. Great setting, fun gameplay. The pace is deliberately slow, you’re expected to study enemy actions and respond to them - rather than a mindless ability chain it focuses more on tactical play.

The game aims to go long-term by introducing more and more factions every 6 months or so - but it is questionable if the gameplay has the depth to sustain that kind of time frame for more than a year. There is a lot of potential to iron out things. The assets are certainly in place and any number of adjustments can make the game accelerate from “okay” to good, or even great - given that I expect it to maintain enough interest for around a year, that may be enough time for the game to become a contender.

What I’d love to see is Grim Dawn approach the level of visual appeal that Martyr has. Martyr oozes style and shiny-gritty grimdark scenery.

LoreKeeper, are you still playing Martyr at this point? It does look interesting, and I was curious how it is, 9 months later?