Way to permit non-Latin language characters in character naming?

Apologies if this isn’t the right tag to post this under, but I’m trying to find a way to get the game to accept non-Latin language characters (hereafter referred to as “letters” to avoid confusion) as part or all of a character name. Thus far, I’ve had no luck in

1. toggling my keyboard language and entering into the name field during character creation (keyboard toggle is ignored in-game)
  2. typing elsewhere and copy-pasting into the name field (only Latin letters are copied)
  3. renaming previously created character using non-Latin letters (the newly renamed character folder appears not to be recognized by the game, resulting in that character not showing up in the character list on the main menu)

Essentially, what I’d like to do is somehow expand the letter set recognized by the game so that at least renamed characters don’t “disappear” as in #3 above. I don’t know if there’s a straightforward way to go about this (maybe taking the English localization and somehow loading it in with additional support from one or more other languages?). I suppose I could still play the game in a different language, but then I presumably can’t use Latin letters for naming(?). Any help would be much appreciated!

Update: It turns out that I actually have the same three issues even after downloading localizations/translations for other languages. My (naive) suspicion is that perhaps Grim Dawn’s ability to read character folder names as valid/invalid is tied to the choice of system language on Windows. I could try changing my system language (as opposed to just my keyboard language) to see if that works, but at that point I think the solution is more trouble than the “problem” is worth.

I still feel like there should be some workaround, though— after all, when renaming characters after the fact, it’s not as if I’m using invalid Windows file names or anything; the game just doesn’t recognize them.

Pretty sure stuff like this is hardcoded. Means you can’t change anything without having a source code and diving deep into it.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but a cursory sweep of youtube videos of Grim Dawn in a couple of other languages seems to suggest that character name inputs are Latin letter-restricted regardless of what else you might do with system language etc. (I wasn’t able to find any character names in non-Latin letters in my sweep), so

is probably accurate. :frowning_face: