We also seriously need buffs to bleed/pierce damage

I don’t think that’s a very fair thing to say:

1. I’ve never once pushed for “meta”, I’ve only ever advocated for build diversity.
  2. I’ve also always encouraged build individuality and personal enjoyment above all else (For example: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83171)
  3. I’ve always been respectful and courteous in my feedback. I don’t see why I shouldn’t be allowed to voice my opinion. If Z had told me to stop it, I would’ve.
  4. Regardless of build individuality, the fact of the matter is that pierce damage is lacking. And until something is done about it (if something is done about it that is), then it just won’t be a popular damage type.

I think it’s safe to assume that a large part of the fun for most people comes in the sense of progression. Not many people have heaps upon heaps of pack mules and are therefore able to create builds for shits & gigs.

Ergo, I don’t think it’s going to be fun for most players to use pierce damage.

A simple way to validate this is to create a poll to determine what the most popular damage types are.

EDIT: If you think finding a good green is easier than getting a complete set, you are sorely mistaken my friend.

Nope, 56 % is never enough. :wink:

And Yes, Bleeding could need more support and these axes are a nice start/addition to get RR. There are enemies with 118 Bleeding resistance and without enough RR, they´re a real PITA. Energywise there is always Arcane Spark but outside perhaps SR (and maybe Crucible without buffs) it isn´t really necessary.

@ Bevdogg:
I think no one ever was doubting that some formidable rolled MI are even better than legendaries…

Does SR only allow limited builds?? Is this Crate’s true intention, discourage us??
Or encourage us testing more alternatives.
Push to the limit and realize there might be something needs serious rebalance.

Never thought every build could have a future reaching over SR 90 though.
Over 75 is good enough for lots of ppl, but you can’t stop them yearn for more.
Question is how far every build could reach, how many count as viable??
New SR challenge mode do thwart lots of good old build away.
No matter how much tweak has performed, there’s still a limit for some damage type and builds.
And ppl need to provide solid evidence to the supreme judge Z Marshall.
Does this kind of suggestion consider as asking for candies??
Or peruse a quick solution to get a satisfying result, an op build.
I know Crate want us have fun in SR and see how far we could delve into.
Doesn’t mean our beloved good old builds won’t need a hand here.
That’s why ppl bring up a topic like this. Seeing the gap and finding solutions to fix it.

Other non-legendary pierce sets: Luminari Regalia & Sharpshooters Duty.
Non-legendary items exist also to support pierce/bleed builds including GREENS! USE THEM, THEY ARE GOOD & ADD DIVERSITY TO BUILDS! like this item, for example: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12640

Some green are easy to access from NPC store, others takes time and big money.
One time my character almost close to bankrupt to get a “of kings” boots.
I love Bloodrite Gauntlets & Mythical Bloodbathed Links.
They give enemies good bleed damage.

Whatever happened to build individuality, build diversity & just downright simple enjoyment?
I get sick of this insistence to follow the META & I refuse to be another sheep among the flock, blindly following where everyone else goes.

You’re sick of yourself following this or tire of META??
I see META as someone’s end product, see this is one of many combinations, that’s all.
This is your very own experience on GD. No one tells you to do things otherwise.
Enjoy this game on your own way, on your own builds.

@Bevdogg: Also, I’m sorry, but I just have to say this:

I’m honestly laughing at the example you provided - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwOBYKZ.

I’ve never seen a more GDstashed build in my life. You have a FAR better chance of winning the lottery than you do of finding all those items in the game. If that can’t make a pierce build top tier, than nothing will.

Thank you for proving my point. Thank you for demonstrating how sorry a state piercing damage finds itself in far better than I ever could’ve. :smiley:

You actually have a decent chance of crafting those boots or similar ones if spend like a 50 mil+ iron and 5K scrap. While it will take some time to amass such a amount of wealth, it is not impossible.

Those double rare MI Nemesis drops though…

Having a double rolled green IMO is very possible. Using 3 M.I’s is also reasonable (as long as they aren’t double-rolled).

What is impossible is rocking 3x M.I’s with ‘of balanced steel’ suffixes to attain:
> A healthy %pierce damage
> Sufficiently overcap resists
> Relevant +skill points

What is even more unreasonable is to then claim that such a build is a good example of ‘build individuality.’ No mate, it’s a prime example of ‘GDstash individuality.’

Here’s my experience with this poison/acid build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZenGOvN

Despite the total resistance reduction of 84% + 28 flat I have to have the resistance reduction potion you get from the coven to even be able to properly deal with very resistant acid/poison bosses like that fluffing Basilisk in the Ancient Grove. Which even with that pot it still takes ages (over 2 minutes+ it seems) to kill it. Mainly as I have to CoF them, SS in, use APB and RoS, SS again and then retreat to avoid taking too much damage from the trollish fog of aether/poison doom Sal creates.

Similarly Korvaak is actually a bit of a pain in his 4th phase (max 50k tick for SS), but that’s somewhat more acceptable given he’s the end of the plot boss. Same applies to Gargabol, those a/p resistance makes fighting him similarly slow, though dies easier than Korvaak and usually drops while I’m running away from the fire filling up my screen.

Now I could in theory shift change up the gear and points for more resistance reduction, but that will cost me points wise vis the hands (Myth. Grasp of Unchain Might), or survivability/crits vis the rings (Myth. Ring of the Black Matriarch, green MI for resistances). While points wise I can’t gain much by shifting points into Night’s Chill + Vulnerability without sacrificing major DPS from the capping of NHH bit of Dual Blades.

Similarly shifting to the full Venomblade Set would cost me the modifiers and +points from the weapons, which the current 2 use allow for significant sustain in melee combat from the ADCtH and proc from the Myth. Mad Queen’s Claw. And from a quick swap over in grimtools for the full Venomblade set, it also drops me from 194% to 175% attack speed and can’t get BoD to 26/16. Which really doesn’t seem worth it for the resistance reduction the set provides.