We need new build formats. (Build compedium, build writings, ideas.)

My god…I can only wonder where these are used.

If we are reworking the build submission format, it would be a good time to drop the clumsy requirement of “WPS Skills: none” and perhaps encourage inclusion of the most important devotion procs.

Or let a Bot do the job for us, like on Discord * subtle look toward Mr Z *

I agree with the WPS Skills: none.

I don’t agree with Devotion. Proc are porc not skills. And sometimes they can be good or not really good. Still hard to do the formating with many skills that a char use. Now Devo…

Yeah, that’s would be good.

Anybody contacted with Veretragna? I don’t want to hurry him. Just curious if he told somethign to somebody?

This is just announcment. But he didn’t say nothing there or here about formating. There are the builds format still broken.

Yes, because he has to find time to do the work and learn how the discourse platform works. He may not have even seen this thread yet. It will get done, but it’s not a 5 minute job. Be patient!

1 Like

I see. THX! I am still patient!

But sometimes they are necessary, and substantially affect gameplay. Take healing devotions for casters without lifesteal.

I’m not sure I see the issue: wouldn’t devotions be just another comma-separated list? Specifying triggers is hardly necessary.

Hi there.

1. I love what Belzzz did with details tag, so the new application format will include that. Scrolling can be a bitch on this new forum, so I think making long posts easier to scroll is the right way to do things.

2. Details tag allows putting more info under it, so I consider what else could be put there. For starters I think to obsolete (sr) and © tags and just allow you to specify which shard you’ve reached or what your cruci achievements are. Tell me what you think about it.

3. I won’t require filing empty fields like WPS Skills: None. If it’s omitted it defaults to none. Same with proposed SR / Cruci lines - if it is omitted it defaults to not tested. This will make entries less uniform, but since they will be hidden under details tag it doesn’t matter.

4. Don’t see any problem with coloring. Ideally you should take the form I would prepaire for you and just fill it. There’s no reason why you should type bbcodes manually yourself.

That’s my rough plans on the new application form. The burden of updating the old submissions would lie on me, and ofcourse it won’t happen overnight.

Feel free to criticize.

Can u make an example with 1 and 2?

I used it to re write my builds. :smiley:

@Stupid_Dragon

what about this?

► [Ranged] [1.1.2.5] Ludrigan’s Light [SR+] No Greens No Shrines (omnitrio)

[ G3 ] | [ HC ] | [ C+ ] | [ SR+ ] | [ VID ] | [ L ]

Build's Skills
  • Damage: Lightning, Electrocute
  • Active Skills: Savagery, Storm Totem, Wind Devil, Word of Renewal, Inquisitir Seal, Storm Box of Elgoloth
  • Passive Skills: Mogdrogen’s Pact, Aura of Censure, Deadly Aim
  • WPS Skills: Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Strorm Spread

also we can use this

[ G3 ]

PS:
exlample for people from phones (screenshot)

1 Like

Yes, it is close to what I want, but I’m 100% going to avoid floating tooltips.

Reasons are:

1. It’ll bloat the submission form. I’m in favour of people just filling up the ready-made form instead of building it themselves in the text editor, but I want to keep it neat and easy to understand.
  2. For now we know nothing about if there are any character count limits placed upon a post. If there are then it’s a question whether these tooltips count to that.

Ceno hit a limit of 45,000 yesterday, but I don’t know if that included tooltips or not.

also tooltips not work on phones (((

I don’t think builds in the compendium should be formatted at all beyond build type (ranged, melee, etc.), class, dmg type and other things from the headline.

What could follow is a tweet sized description of whatever the builder wants to be heard about like key gear, piloting skill requirements, pros and cons, what he ate for breakfast on Monday, whatever.

What sense does it make to type in C e n s u r e , D e a d l y A i m , W o r d o f R e n e w a l like a robot in every freaking inquisitor.

It is to search for builds using certain skills.
If enough people feel like that I’ll simplify the form, leaving only “main skills”.

Oh, I didn’t realize that… It might actually make sense. Censure might as well be a dmg skill, etc.

And leave WPS: none. Casters and pets MUST SUFFER! :smiling_imp: