Weapon Properties and Skill Damage

If I am using Bloody Pox, and I find a weapon that has +xx% bleeding damage, will it affect the Pox damage? I’m not sure how to tell for sure. Thank you

yes
regular % dmg affects anything/everything with that dmg type
it’s only if it was specified “to X” it would be limited
^in this case the extra 100% bleed only applies to savagery specific attacks

flat dmg is the type that acts different and only applies to weapon dmg and skills/spells with %weapon dmg listed, but global %dmg applies to everything relevant

Thank you, so is flat damage the 21/27 Bleeding listed in your example?

And the +12/+19% Bleeding affects all bleed damage?

Edit: or is the flat the +100%

yes

yes

1 Like

Ok, follow-up question.

Recently tried Righteous Fervor with the acid converter skill. I wondered if it affected all fire damage. But now I’m guessing it only affects RF damage?

Will a rifle’s flat fire damage be converted? (I guess Yes)
What about fire blast skill from a searing ember installed on it? (I guess No, separate skill)
What about the flat fire damage of the searing ember itself in an RF attack? (I guess Yes, it’s part of the RF attack)

correct

correct

correct

only thing that wont be converted is flat dmg on non RF attacks(also applies to devotion skills, assigning a devotion to RF doesn’t convert it) or % dmg, ie +x%fire doesn’t get converted, so you will want to stack %boost for your output dmg type
*keep in mind WPS (smite etc) will be counted as RF attacks as far as direct conversion is concerned

Has this always been true? I thought conversion on AA replacers only converted the base attack and flat, not WPS, which is why items exist that convert 100% of WPS base damage to a specific type; like Pusquill’s Tail converting Belgothian’s Shears to acid, for example. I thought WPS were taken for the % weapon damage increase even if the flat damage type was different. Doesn’t really change taking WPS for the % weapon damage, but this just makes it better.

as far as i know yes

items converting wps directly means those wps can now be used without a specific AA
^now you can use acid Shears without Dreeg’s Reproach RF, ie you can use it with occultist, shard of beronath, Cadence, etc etc etc
same goes for other wps, since not all AA actually has/gets direct conversion that would apply to wps, like Rah’zin/chaos etc too