Weird damage conversion

Hey guys.
Anyone know whyMythical Mark of Anathema adds 100% lightning damage conversion to Callidor’s Tempest (Callidor's Tempest (Skill) - Official Grim Dawn Wiki)
?
It gives Aether and fire damage, so why wish for lightning damage conversion?
cheers

It gives Aether damage.
It converts lightning damage to aether damage.
Makes sense to me.

1 Like

I think the Inferno node’s lightning damage is converted to aether. I just tested it with my Aether CT spellbinder, if I use the medal CT deals no lightning damage, if I don’t use it CT deals a very small amount of lightning damage. The conversion is pretty much redundant on my build since it’s less than 1% of CT’s total damage (with CT at 26/16 and Inferno at 20/12). I don’t see any other uses for it so I agree it’s a bit weird. The only items that give flat lightning dmg to CT also convert aether to lightning so those are of no use either.

1 Like

It converts a damage type it doesnt support (lightning) into the one it DOES support (aether). In fact, it just converts lightning damage from Inferno mod into Aether.
If you want a lightning CT, there’s Kymon’s Badge for that.

1 Like

Thx guys I understqnd it now.
Any items that modifies a certain skill also modifies the skills after which is linked to it. In this case Inferno.
And I agree it is very low damage, so yo give modt aether dmg to CT would be elemental og fire damage converted to sether damage.

Thx guys

Eeeek.
Thought GD was that simply, xD ^^.
Not if the modifier counts as a separate skill, like Nightfall for example.

1 Like

Actually, it’s not that simple. If modifiers (skills, that come after the first one and “modify” it) just add some stats to the base skill, they ARE affected too. However, if they add a completely new, separate effect (Torrent - extra chain lightning, Soulfire - spiraling projectiles, etc.) then it does NOT affected. For said skills, Rylok Mark would work for Primal Strike, but not Torrent; Mythical Death’s Reach would work for Eye of Reckoning, but not Soulfire, etc.

1 Like