Weird Map Thing in SR

Map is showing that I walked over it, just started the level tho. Maybe related to the fact that I completed this exact room a couple SR levels before? Not a biggie ofc

Isn’t it always like that though in SR? I don’t go in there often, but the first thing I do when going to a new chunk is open the map to see the whole thing and decide the best route to take to get as many monsters downed as possible in the time allowed.

Yes it lights up the areas you’ve been to if you enter the same map more than once in a single session (without exiting to main menu).

2 Likes

Yeah you’re essentially retreading the same map you completed before, just repopulated with monsters, so it will show areas as explored. In fact in the past (might still be the case, haven’t played since 1.2), if you happened to, say, die in a map and fail it, if you then started a new run and got the same map, there would be Shattered Souls of the enemies you didn’t kill last run on the ground. Essentially reloading the map will have automatically killed any leftover enemies from the last run, those enemies would drop their souls, but the game would only wipe the enemies and not the drops. So you could get a free shard completion by just mopping up Nemesis souls XD

1 Like