Well, hello to the GD forum!

Hello, I’m DTMAce. Most people just call me Ace.

The DTM part is from a long ago gaming clan during the days of UT known as =DTM= or Dragon Talon Marauders.

Anyway.

Been playing games on the PC longer than some of you have been on planet Earth. Yep that’s right, I’m an older fart.

Games with the biggest impressions on me? Hmmmmm

First ever game in that category was probably Wolfenstein. God, that was a long time ago. At that time, MP3’s were a hidden, little known plug in and MODs were the rage.

But hell, I have played so many, I can’t even remember them all. Obviously games like Quake, UT, Diablo I and II, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, several Star Wars games, things like Balders Gate, Neverwinter Nights 1 (with I don’t know how many expansion maps), TQ! (very awesome) Even games that few have heard of, like Silverfall. May have been know more as SilverFail, but it was ok… Never finished it though. I know I’m missing countless others, even though the boxes are beneath the desk…

Scariest game I ever played? Prey. Crysis was number 2. Diablo 2 was probably 3rd. Its the way the game grabs and makes you a part of it. GD looks to have some of this coming with it, which I like to see. I want to piss my pants when I run into something in the dungeons.

Currently, been playing D3, POA, been doing some Mass Effect as well. (have the first 2, not a bad game set)

Anyway, looking forward to getting in on the Alpha. I did purchase a key already, can’t wait to see what this Wisp thing will look like. lol

Hi to everyone and thanks for having a forum here!

Hi Ace,

Several people on these forums are about our age. Let’s see if the age distribution changes, once the game has been released. Some statistics from last July:

… welcome to the old people’s home :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi and welcome to the forum from an aged but still immature gamer :slight_smile:

hi and welcome to the GD forums

Welcome to the forums! I too am an older gamer and remember the days of Wolfenstein and the 5.25 floppy disk.

Welcome to the forums Ace! Sounds like we have the same taste in games.

Thanks for the welcome!

So what do some of you do for fun on the forum? lol

I quote medierra as often as possible :smiley:

I like to check and see if any new information or media come out even though I’m sure there won’t be any unless it’s the Sunday for Grim Misadventures. Otherwise I’ll check out past updates and read all the information eisprinzessin has painstakingly put up. Eis has done a real nice job of putting everything together so it’s simple to find what information you’re looking for.

Once I’ve gotten my fill of Grim Dawn related info I check out the random stuff and find a lot of cool new information on other games and game related things happening. This forum is really good at keeping me up to date on good kickstarter projects and anything else gaming related.

So basically I’m on here way too much but it keeps me out of the cold :slight_smile:

I’m guessing eisprinzessin (interesting name btw) is one of the forum mods? lol

That is one good thing. Its nice to see staff-like people post, if that is what they are. Makes us all feel warm and fuzzy inside, or something.

Cool though. Will have to spend time perusing the various threads.

Thanks for the info! Anyone else have things to add or say? :smiley:

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :slight_smile: