Wendigo Totem + Blood for Psychical/Bleeding Pets

Does it compensate the investment? Should i turn my focus to somewhere else or use wendigo totem and adtch for my pets? I have also howl of mog + Rend devotion. Instead of it maybe i should invest in Mogdrogen’s Pact?

I would say it depends. If your pets have some kind of RR for vitality, you can pick it, if you want the healing part of it only, you can do it as well.

In general, for pet build, it’s a good skill because it heals 5% of their HP every second. In Elite difficulty, at level 74 my skeletons with 15k HP can NOT die in a wave of monsters, even if those are poison damage based and their resist is 15% towards that typing. My other pet has 55k HP, so it heals him for 3*250 per second, making him literally facetank any boss with no issues. At level 68, my Briarthorn even facetanked Moosilauke (nemesis) without losing more than 20% HP, and the pet had 33 - 35k HP.

For pets, I’d try to keep it at 12, if possible and with no big investment, cap it to 22. Blood pact is okay, I would not really rely on it on pet build. The only reason you’d want to may Blood Pact is the ADCTH part, 33% chance of 20% conversion (heal), which might be even smaller than the Totem heal per second itself. Imagine your pet hitting one target every 5 seconds because other pets are stronger, and it procs on 2 hits that dealt 40k damage, so you heal 16k HP, while the totem could heal all the time, all of your pets and only needs to be close to a target, it also doesn’t take such big effect on bosses. Let’s say Totem itself heals 3k HP for every of your pet, and you have 5, so you heal 15k HP per second, while the Pact might heal you (assuming your pets hit 40k damage per hit) for 8k, you still gotta attack the enemies, having a chance to heal a higher amount, but your pets might die before that. Vs. a boss, you’re guaranteed to heal 3k HP per second, while the 8k on hit might drop to 400 per hit due to life steal resist.

In short, max blood pact if you have points to spend.

Thanks for the detailed answer. Since i am going for full pet build ( meaning not hybrid) i do not have many free points to spend. I want to also make blood of dreeg + mogdrogen pact full due to oa + flat damage so i am having some skill problems. I am conjurer and trying to focus on briarthorn. It is bound to Rend.

If i give up Wendigo, then i will go for devouring swarm and bleed rr will increase dps. Otherwise tankiness will increase thus i need to experient but probably i will do as you say.

Blood of dreeg is way better (+28% HP instantly, 12% physical resist, HP regen, OA). Don’t bother adding Totem. The Blood Pact won’t impact your build much, it’s just a nice touch of additional vitality damage and nothing more. Swarm is way better due to the -60% vitality RR.

İ dont need vitality rr because none of my pets hit vitality. I need bleed and psy rr which comes from manticore, COF and possibly and probably devouring swarm after you told me.

so Blood Pact flat damage does not add to pet’s?

It does but it can be clunky to use. Most of your ranged pets (mostly skeles but there are a few others) will frequently not be in the totem radius.

Beyond that the totem whether for the heal or damage buff for your pets suffers from range and recast limitations. Anytime your screen is filled with enemies, unless you really micromanage your pets, some of them will likely be attacking something beyond totem range. The cooldown time is annoying long on the totem so anytime you need to reposition yourself rapidly, you are going to end up with a totem sitting somewhere useless and your pets gaining no benefit. Finally getting the totem to be useful means your character needs to be in the thick of things. You can build frontline pet classes, but most people tend to play pet classes from the backline instead so this is not a choice for everyone.

Sadly extremely true. Wish they would increase the blood pact aura to the standard aura range of 12-15 units. Would give it a tad more use, right now it’s only useful for boss facetanking. Should be less effective for that but more for everything else.