What are all these boxes for?!

Could you assign one bag as a relic-bag? Or automatically let potions go to a specified bag?

Size-Suggestion Update*

I’m going to suggest new sizes…

Item - Horizontal X Vertical

Head - 1x2

Chest - 2x2

Shoulders - 2x1 (Notice same size as waist)

Hands - 1x2 (Show one glove)

Waist - 2x1 (Same size as Shoulders)

Legs - 2x2

Feet - 1x2 (Show one boot)

Small Weapons - 1x2

Large Weapons - 2x2

Shields - 1x2

With a Maximum of 2 sizes, and a minimum of one, you could easily make a small inventory size look really big, and still have a few differing sizes.

I’m starting to feel anything x3 and bigger is just unnecessary. x3 Horizontal is especially a no-no, but x3 as a vertical is less divisive, however, I’m beginning to feel it’s not needed. 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, and 2x2, are just fine in my humble opinion.

I realize that sizes should matter, but when it comes to a game, I think the output should be weighed slightly more heavily on what is fun versus what is cumbersome. I would say differing sizes is fun, but can be cumbersome, thus, this is one of the best (but not only) solution I can think of.

I would either want the icon and inventory representation of an item to be clear and detailed enough to look good - like a model of the item in question - or not be clear and detailed and just be a 1x1 abstract representation.

So, please, either go full-out on the modeling of the item in the inventory with everything from 1x1 to 2x4 sizes depending upon the item size and shape or just give up on that and do abstract icons where everything is the same size (i.e., 1x1).

Arbitrarily limiting everything to smaller than 2x2 is exactly the middle-of-the-road that serves neither purpose very well. The items are too small to be well-drawn and represented to look good, and yet still take up more screen real-estate than a 1x1 abstraction.

I say all of this without getting into whether we’re getting enough vault storage or not. I don’t know if those limits have been set yet. I’m just saying that larger inventory icons and a larger variety of dimensions reflecting the actual items would be better - otherwise just do 1x1 abstract icons.

Yes, but the larger you go, the more cumbersome the system gets, thus it’s good to have a middle ground, IE. 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, and 2x2.

Unfortunately in this type of system, anything x3 and above distorts the inventory in a way that makes it less fun. This is due to the cumbersome-ness nature of the system.

x2 is sufficient for representation of an item, I presume the full art will be shown when it’s applied to the correct inventory slot.

x2 is sufficient for representation of an item, I presume the full art will be shown when it’s applied to the correct inventory slot.

Not really - I don’t want to see retarded itty bitty WoW-like icons for armor. x2 barely shows anything, and if you suggest that they make 2 separate icons, one for the inventory and one for the equips, go away! Twice as much work for pretty much nothing in return? pff

The inventory space is going to be larger in GD, the large armors smaller (I think medierra said 2x3 instead of 2x4 somewhere) not to mention a muuuch larger bank.

Oh that boxes you’re talking about.

At first I thought you’d probably mean these boxes:

err…
I mean “crates”…

^^

+1 to the UI

+1 to Scyer’s long dissertation on the cons of an enlarged inventory space, and extra +1 for his alternative suggestion for added bag space (effective and simple)

+1 to variable sized items

-1 to have no polearms and staves (big time bummer for me, but I’ll deal)

And a single final idiotic rumination…are you going to have a single color/design scheme for the UI for all classes/race/gender/whatevercomboispossible or will there be variations based on either preset design schemes or class/race/gender/etc combos?

I know, stupid question, but I thought I’d ask it anyway.:rolleyes:

Yes, we all just need to be loved. :stuck_out_tongue:

288! WOOT!!! You guys never cease to amaze at making our lives more enjoyable and Grim Dawn more loved. ARPG heaven here we come.

I’m curious to what your playing style is like. The smaller the inventory, the more you’re having to take constant breaks in combat to compare items and decide whats worth keeping (before we even get to selling back in town). Am I reading this right that this is your preferred playstyle?

To each their own but I prefer to have a long sesion of combat followed by a break to work the grey matter on loot keep/sell decisions.

Finally how does this impact on your opinion of storage space as to me it seems closely tied to your opinion of ‘cheapening’ loot by having too much space. Can I use a strawman here with vanilla D2 with no mules as one of the more extreme examples which would mean you could either:

a) pick a set item and stick to finding the rest of the set religiously (ie fat chance)
b) read up on all possible relic/charm uses and just find a couple to stick to (ie no testing out of ideas just stick to max damage/defence)
c) have only 1 set with uniquely interesting stats to test a random build/playstyle (to the detriment of having assured damage/defence gear/relics/charms)
d) stick to saving the best cookie cutter damage/defence gear

Most people will go for option d, I don’t see the benefit in limiting peoples options to play around with stuff thats in the game. It would be like having a skill tree with 40 skills but you only have enough points for 4 and no resets either. Expansive inventory/storage space gives people a chance to play around with stuff without fear instead of being forced into a cookie cutter looting decision ruleset, unless your Einstein and can evaluate all the pros and cons of every item stat instantly.

That evil laugh ;D looks great

So I take it no ‘bracers’/arm equipment?

What makes you think so? It’s from 2011, but here is a screenshot of a merchant shop, where you see him offering three gloves. They include the bracer part. Or were you looking for extra bracers?

For more recent art, please see Grim Misadventure #12: Fashion Nonsense
[post=78179][/post]

Thanks eis but yes I meant a seperate slot for them (to get more stats/buffs). But that’s fine because there is two extra mini slots so we’re up one. :smiley:

On a side note, not meaning to judge (but I am lol), are those screen shots in really low res or something or is that how everything will look in game? :undecided:

Not 100% sure, what you mean, but you are referring to the more recent 2nd image, aren’t you?

I don’t know if taking the screenshot reduced the quality. Maybe the items need some nice lighting in the inventory screen, too.

Second image is fine.

The first image on the other hand, just looks like really low-res graphics and the words/letters in the stats column look really old school like they’re not finished? lol

Hey if you’re still around, tell me what you thought of my feelings about the camera movement. Please :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=84923#post84923

The first screenshot is almost two years old - that’s why I referred to the recent art from December.

A very happy customer then.

I can’t wait to see how useful all the items can be. How powerful the affixes are etc and on what items. :smiley:

Btw from what I see it doesn’t look like bracers are actually an item. Above the gloves slot looks like the slot for shoulder pads. However the look of the chest piece seems to be able to cover the defensive areas that a bracer might add to. So at least their is that.

Also their are other several other slots which will add more diversity so even if we do lose the “bracer” slot their will be others that may very well be better.

Yea as bad as it is not having an item for your forearms, the gloves are designed longer to cover that area. Plus there are more items in other slots to compensate so is not all bad.

Just don’t want a possible slot to go to waste. lol I also feel there are stats that should only appear (or appear in greater numbers) on items on arms/hands like dexterity or attack rating etc.