What are the Best Crossbow Builds?

Looking to mix things up and want to make a crossbow build. Can you all provide some links and/or ideas to crossbow builds that can play well in ultimate and beat higher level content in Crucible and SR etc.? The threads I have found are pretty dated.

Here’s a recent crossbow build:

You’re probably right that there aren’t many builds using crossbows these days. Probably your best bet would be to take a twohand ranged build you like and transmog the weapon.
TBH, that’s exactly what I did on the Purifier I use for fast farming. Main reason was to minimize the strain on my ears… :hear_no_evil:

For “dry and comfortable” Chtonics farming I have assembled this one a couple of months ago:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnxKl9V

Pretty happy with its performance in this niche, also can be enjoyable in crucible (Stormcaller beacons are must have) because of great balance of damage and survivability and nice collection of racial bonuses.

Mythical silverbolt is fun as shit due to the +3 to all skills. I have a purified that ran it but I’m away from my comp right now, will have to find and upload it later.

Thanks all but the builds posted seem a little niche for my more general purposes (I doubt I will be able to get that green MI).

Anything else that is floating around that I should consider?

I was trying to theorycraft some chaos builds a while back (not sure if strong, chaos doesn’t have good reputation recently) and remember a chaos crossbow doom bolt setup. Sorry, not very useful information I guess :slight_smile: Seem kinda fun then. Alternating Doom Bolt with a crossbow? I’m hyped just by thinking of it.

I have build like this but decided to skip Doom Bolt and make it pure Crossbow auto attacker. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nery, I could create a sentence by writing random words and you’d have a build like that.

2 Likes

thank you!

Keep them coming!

1 Like

Hey, I like making builds. :sweat_smile:

What’s more interesting is that I always thought Harbinger is gun, then noticed it’s actually Crossbow. Definitely you can discover new things in GD even after many hours.

This is a pretty fun and solid build.

1 Like

It is.

But what’s even funnier is the comment above yours. It looks like bot message, since it basically says the same as my comment. Only few words are replaced with synonyms.

Bot message?

4 Likes

What is even funnier is why did I bother responding to a year old thread? Lol

1 Like

Someone put way more effort into rewriting your text, than any spammer I have seen so far has ever done. Looks like a native speaker to me, who wants to protect the English language from being butchered by us non-native speakers. But then they forgot to tell this, so that they appear like a spammer trying to conceal their intentions.

3 Likes

That’s also a possibility. I won’t pretend my English is flawless. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They might not be familiar with / interested in GD though. Replacing many with several shows they have no idea, what you were talking about :wink:

3 Likes