What are the best devotions for solo Arcanist

I am playing a solo Arcanist right now, lvl 42, even though others would disagree. So far I have Imp, Wraith, and Owl as devotions. What others can be used in the build. I have read other guides and each one is for two masteries and different devotions. I am just looking for solo devotions right now. I am thinking of going with Occultist or Necro later. Any help would be useful. I am new to GD and never used devotions before in a game.

That is a not so easy to answer because devotion can define your build. Find your own way at the beginning. All build guides are mostly endgame focused and a good source for inspiration.

Take devotions that support your skills and mix them with defensive ones.

GD is a game where you learn on the way and thats the fun. =)

You can get anything you want from the star map, so you have to decide what it is that you want. You could work towards healing options like Behemoth or Tree of Life, or damage options like Amatok or Ulzuin’s Torch, or utility like Aeon’s Hourglass or Ishtak. There aren’t any wrong answers- your question is like asking “what weapon can I use?” You can use any weapon, you just need to make sure that all the puzzle pieces you’re using fit together well enough.

With the 3 devotions you listed complete, you should have the option to move on to Tempest. If you’re using lightning spells, and if more damage is what you want from your devotions, then that might be a good option.

Also consider adding one more green constellation - maybe Scholar’s Light or Quill- and then filling up Rhowan’s Crown. The elemental storms from that devotion debuff your enemies’ resistances so your spells will hit a lot harder.

Alternatively, drop a point into Yellow and then take Turtle or Dryad (or both) if you want some defenses instead of more damage.

Depends on the skills you plan to use. If you’re going with “all of them” for now - then Rhowan’s crown and Widow are the most universal options.