What are you doing? Visual examples of skills

Yeah, black fxs in a dark dungeon where you can hardly see anything anyway is going to look really great. :woozy_face:

1 Like

fair enough that there is some certain dark arts involved with those skills but woudnt it be nice to also see the visual side of it? Lore is one thing but actually experiencing black is another. Many gd players are mature people who loves black and once you go black youā€™ll never go backā€¦ to using vibrant childish looking skills. hope crate creates more conversion to the dark side or better create a new dark mastery :joy:

I think RE looks grusome AF.

Which is why I call my RE spec ā€œthe nefarious nipple.ā€

Bone harvest is actually pretty scary looking too if you think about it.

Blight fiend, hell hound, DEE, sigil of consumption (itā€™s a mfkn pentagram!)

EDIT: The only lame ā€œdarkā€ skill is transmuted PB. It looks like Iā€™m throwing candy cane at my enemies.

Agreed.

TBH, I think most of the skills are ā€œgrim-dark,ā€ even when they are colorful. I mean, compare the fire in GD to D3 and ā€¦ IDK. At least to me it looks much more nasty, more like a petrol fire than the D3 shiny happy fireballs.

All the greens and blues are pretty unhealthy-for-you looking, too. They do scream poison and pain, at least to me. Except maybe the acid balls and pools?

Anyway, point is, I donā€™t think that black and red are the only colors possible for grim-dark, myself, despite what the critic says.

1 Like

ā€¦so, I came here looking to be sure that the spinning fire around me was the proc of the Flame Torrent devotion, because I wasnā€™t 100 percent. Maybe worth adding those, since at least a bunch of them are going to be non-obvious, and commonly used? (PS: thank you! this is a super-useful resource.)