What boss or bosses do you have difficulty with excluding celestial bosses?

It’s not that he’s ‘hard’ per se, it’s that if you aren’t watching out for where he is, the next second you could be 1 shotted. He’s more of a gimmick fight like Mad Queen. Both bosses aren’t meant to be taken seriously when it comes to builds…

Grava, because arcane is in my opinion a lazy way to create danger. Switching to the second skill bar in the middle of a fight to recast half a dozen buffs is not good game design if you ask me. Without it he would be a pushover most of the time.

That lightning stun storm guy, forgot the name, his DA debuff is too much.

Zantarin I find a completely harmless nemesis.

When he’s alone - yes. But his swap is damn dangerous when he’s paired with few other bosses and you’re trying to kite them.

That´s good to know. But no, does not explain my approach. No projectiles involved.

Another enemy who sometimes causes tight situations with some of my mediocre builds: That red-shining monster crab in the ancient grove.

Most bosses are build dependent. Something that is impossible to beat on a particular build may be a cakewalk for another one. I have a ton of builds, but only a few have been played to higher levels or difficulties.

For my primary build, a ranged fire-based Purifier, on ultimate difficulty Fabius is completely impossible to kill, because he is not kitable and more or less one-shots the character. Only way to take him down is lure him someplace where there are friendly NPCs with the invulnerability tag, so that he gets stuck with them and keep firing from distance until he dies. And it takes a LONG time.

Alkamos is the same, not kitable, because of the spectral strike and the purifier can’t take the damage he dishes out. My reaper and ritualist make really short work of him.

Ulgrim, the clone of John Bourbon and Lokarr are likewise impossible for this particular build, but everything else goes down just fine. Haven’t faced Kaisan or Callagarda with it yet, since I’ve been playing FG on other builds.

On the other hand, this purifier build will easily kite and murder Grava-Thul as long as there is space to run and an area cleared of enemies beforehand. And Moosilauke is less dangerous than a number of regular enemies such as the Aetherial Colossi, because he is so slow.

Valdaran is also ridiculously easy, because he only has three tricks: teleport plus nova, thunderstrike and then the other projectiles. If you can stay at range, he’s a cakewalk even in ultimate. The shadow strike reaper has a lot more trouble with him.

So, highly build dependent and some bosses also gear dependent because certain builds just flat out require certain equipment.

1 Like

I agree with you. This build I just created can cake walk Kaisan, lokarr and Grava’thul no problem. But it does have trouble with that Uroboruuk boss right before you get to the steward. Yeah, they are all build dependent for sure.

Characters of mine that kill lokarr also struggle with Valdaraan.

Trouble with Dravis? Not to sound smug but I don’t even know what he does apart from his RE. If you can kill Kaisan and the others Dravis should drop like a fly in campaign. Dravis always felt like a pushover to me, if anyone deserves more HP it would be him. Though I died twice after defeating him, not realizing I was standing in his RE :eek:

(This is only MC, don’t know how he does elsewhere)

I know, but it just proves the point. It’s all about your build. My forcewave build though can kill him no problem Lol. But my forcewave build against kaisan comes very close to killing me and I can’t dare touch lokarr.

Anything that can spawn minibosses are pretty nasty to deal with in this game.

Ramzul, High Priest of Osyr drops an insane amount of lightning, often in a tight radius. While not horrible in and of itself, it’s a PITA if your dealing with 3 or 4 other bosses in SR.

mostly I play melee 2-hander, so the potential threat is quite obvious.

Deeper shard 75+
Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker
Kaisan, the Eldritch Scion
Slathsarr Aethergaze (hide behind structure can’t save us from his puke)

Deadly combo in Deeper shard
Benn’Jahr, the Colossal
Archmage Aleksander
Slathsarr Aethergaze
Kaisan, the Eldritch Scion/Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker

This, it’s just an annoying mechanic. I could live with it if Grava was only in the campaign but with SR and facing multiple bosses it turns into pure cancer, even more so for melee builds.
Not only does his animation tells become much harder if not impossible to read due to clumping up, model overlaps and particle storms, but if another boss CC’s you at an inopportune time forcing you to get hit by Grava’s attack, it doesn’t matter how much CC resistance you’ve got.

All bosses are fine in the campaign (though some are still annoying) but Grava is pure anti-fun in SR.

The only thing Grava has that is dangerous is not the nullify but the fuckton of damage he deals with his nullify. It basically either nullifies your buffs or your whole character. :smiley:

Humanoid bosses with legendary equipment. I loss count of the times I was happily farming cronley lair only to meet fabius and decided to kill him via facetank as I usually do, only to suddenly get hit with something I dont expect like a half hp crit.

I can’t wait for the devs to buff Kaisan and nerf father kymon

This boss sucks. He is actually the second hardest boss in this whole dlc. Isn’t that funny? The first boss you encounter is the hardest one up until Father Kymon :stuck_out_tongue: Not because I can’t kill him, he has these lighting stun orbs that get you killed if you don’t overcap stun. Just saying.

That feature was fixed some time ago, and now great weapon in the hands of boss isnt as dangerous as it was before.

It’s still dangerous with Notched Bone on Fabius.

For clarity, enemies don’t scale with % Weapon Damage as much as they used to. Racial Damage stuff, however, is a global buff and thusly makes enemies quite potent when they have damage against Humans, for instance. Furthermore, enemies receiving Retaliation Damage from some of their gear can prove troublesome as well.

But yes, a high-flat-damage weapon no longer instakills you so easily.