What can we learn from Crucible?

I’m always being caught by surprise when I play Crucible. What does it have that makes it different from the main campaign (normal)? How do y’all tell each type of damage receive by the animation display?

This is my main char and I’m quite surprised by how it has been able to deal with enemies my 48 lvl had a tougher timer to beat or it didn’t try to beat them. Some items displayed there are not part of my build. I put them on for evaluation. The game started to crash so I got the path right away.

Although, when I Lokaar greets me it’s an awfully display – forgot his words – becayse the speel backfire against the sorcerer. My blood reduces easily right on the first wave. I’ve got better numbers on my resistances. Still, crucible was never the same even since the known changes.

What am I missing? Rate and give me some tips. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired .I eager to make my way straight to Malmouth where I belong. The desert weather drives me insane I like it when I’m playing Egypt on RST lol.

That’s it. Thank you so much.

I'm making my terms clear with no room for bargaining and compromise. Lokaar and the monstrosities he commands have until next dawn to vacate that Crucible or so help me God
    I'll rain a holy hell down upon him.

you don’t, you build for everything

you’re low level, you don’t have your build in order - wait with crucible until later and when your char has dotted all the i’s and crossed all the t’s

at its core this is rough

you’re also mixing pet into player builds, seemingly just putting points into skills at “random” with no real investment or focus.
While crucible can be played at low level it’s not really the recommendation, nor do i think it’s really the intended purpose as it’s an optional challenge mode, a challenge that then gets increased more when your char is not ready for it/low level with a setup still needing basic stat touch-ups

1 Like

The one I was expecting.

I’m going to be honest I’m still learning. And the time I passed playing Neverwinter Nights and Baldur’s Gate II – quite a time – made me take some actions/decisions as I was playing by their rules in Grim Dawn. Sometines, it’s true. I kept myself by their influence.

The truth I’m not good at playing however I love playing it.

Anyway, I didn’t get what you’ve said.

Let’s make it this way: you’ve got this char and only this char to play the game. You can change everything, except gp back in time, what would you do?

By the way, I’ve made some changes and took 2 waves on Crucible without making use of potions only moving away until HP recharged – only mana.

And crucible is good for devotion and exactly for being challenging without penalties to the char in the story is a great opportunity for being aware of ourselves. I could think that I’m beating the game because I’ve been better than before. Thanks to Crucible I know I don’t. LOl.

no, it’s good for the first 5pts, after that it becomes more expensive forcing to spend more time in crucible, time that imo could be better spent clearing through campaign “unless specifically only wanting crucible challenge”

fix resist, focus your skill choice, optimize devotions accordingly
right now you seem mostly to be a vitality oriented build; devos should reflect this
^ditch Blightfiend
get RR (spectral Wrath, Vulnerability, as a bonus Wrath does aoe dmg too) - imo you’ve climbed mastery bar too fast/too high while not maxing skills spending more on mastery bar
could use better components in some slots helmet, amulet, shoulder, gloves

no, it’s good for the first 5pts, after that it becomes more expensive forcing to spend more time in crucible, time that imo could be better spent clearing through campaign “unless specifically only wanting crucible challenge”

It’s easier than finding shires.

fix resist, focus your skill choice, optimize devotions accordingly right now you seem mostly to be a vitality oriented build; devos should reflect this ^ditch Blightfiend get RR (spectral Wrath, Vulnerability, as a bonus Wrath does aoe dmg too) - imo you’ve climbed mastery bar too fast/too high while not maxing skills spending more on mastery bar could use better components in some slots helmet, amulet, shoulder, gloves

Thank you so much. I’m indeed focusing or tryinng to focus on vitality/decay/posion; I’ve got too many items since I’ve got almot the whole shared stash full and I didn’t take time to try each of them or even read about them.

That’s the way I play: i look for info about the boos or domain I’m about to face and adjust my build on the go, When I knew Krieg’s weak to fire I got the best I could get on fire. Pet bonuses it might be unintentionally. Necromancer is what I like and withou summing anything it kind of a Necromancer who does not take full advantage of his skills. Although, I’ve decided to take the other way. I’ve been keeping the Blught Fiend because I like it and I don’t feel I’m ready to go on my own.

I did that because mastery bar give us the core stats. I knew that from 50 level and above we’ve got no more 3 point but only 1 so I thought it would be better. One point per level sincer I’m almost on the edge it seemed okay.

Some devotions I’ve got only for the points required for the devotion I’m really looking forward to getting it.

And ultimately, I quite ofetn came back when I’ve tried some items on crucible so not always it’s what I’m wearing on my way on the storyline.

Once again, I’m going to save it – I wish you were more detailed – because once you’ve said to no have too many skills and look that I really reduced that.

Ditch blightfriend? It’s been always on my plan. Still, it’s helpd more than I could think. I destroyed the crystals – two on the front – with it before fighting Darius and it’s good as bait as well. Sometimes I’m on the battlefield and notice that I’m not taking damage… because the creatures are all focusing on it. I imight get rid of it afterwards but not today

not today

Thank you.

shrines are fixed, and with a merit takes seconds to reach

this is a highly suboptimal approach
aside from the obvious; not all classes are going to get remotely close to similar or even synergy+bonus for all elements or on the fly changes - it also means you can’t hone in on an actual specialization that could be boosted to high heavens by contrast with native synergy or dedication.

focus skill choice ie reduce spread out dmg investment into 1-2
2-3 points in 5-6 offensive skills is usually worse than the same amount of points invested into 1-2 main skills instead
and in your case of then having additional “surplus” from fast mastery climb, means you’d probably easily have the points to fully dedicate and max out 1-2 main skill that’d then nuke things more than 5 skills “tickle”
easy example here would be to max out Ravenous earth contra the light investment into siphon souls+sigil+doom bolt and blightfiend

1 Like