What do you make of 1.1.2?

first of all , reading and researching is golden…

1- SR AMULET NERF: bullzzzz eye… well deserved and also well covered nerf
why; that amulet made most amuelets in game obsolete. it was way too powerfull the way it is, and was not so hard to achieve with targeted farm

well covered before nerf,

1- kaisan amulet exist, farmed tons tons of them already… they are waaaaaaay better than SR amulet by miles away. trust me, why?
2- after patch i insta tried to craft items on bench, you can get %12 resistmy best SLOW RES from crafts now… which makes all those suboptimal trash slow res items needs and sr amulet puts in dust. 2 craftable items : %20-26 slow res?
3- crate amulet will shine and i bet people will start to use this, and welcome back my old friend beronath…
4- conduits even with meh mods are strong option now… +3max all res is extremely valuable

2- RETAL NERF WARLORD NERF; we all know that this was coming… carry a shield run around with 3.5k da 5k armor and deal X2 more dmg than most casters? in which reality this should be allowed?

and if you choose to play that passive retal build, and you enjoy it… retal build was there for people who enjoy them, even nerfed retal will deal X5more dmg than old retal builds already.
guys imagine you will be able to rightclick enemy for dmg rather than just clicking. ill try to be kind here; this retal dmg added to attack should be blessing for them and asking for more is ridic.

3- AAR ? no idea… i simply think AAR type spells has no place in arpgs anymore.

“Warlord slapped left right and center” - Maybe, but was it even enough slapping?

With the load of armor and DA these guys carry, they need a lot of slapping before they even feel something. :smiley:

Even now my still poorly equipped Aegis-warlord built around retal-damage feels MUCH MUCH (at least like 10x MUCH) stronger than anything I could ever do with casters focusing on crap-tier skills like grenado, AAR, DEE, etc mainly clothed in BiS stuff.

Feedback from Chaos AAR Warlock with Covenant set:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrA6E0V

AAR was nerfed with at least 20% flat (i was getting 100k+ hits on dummy now max 80-85k). AAR especially the Chaos version was never a top single target DPS machine to begin with - the dmg nerf to the skill was really not needed. Piercing just made it usable but with the dmg nerf its gimped like no tomorrow.

Chaos AAR plainly sucks! Not enough RR - it needs 15-20% innate Chaos RR maybe to the Transmuter skill as part of the Set bonus.

Playing the build was already a nightmare with so many short CD buttons to press - vs you can just play 3 button DW build and stomp SR75 (not even going to mention pet builds here…) and you should have been rewarded for more cumbersome playstyle instead you get nothing in return. Dmg is Average at best. Survavability is good thanks to the set skill but still when you get zerged by 2+ SR bosses you die like a bitch since you dont have enough heal (unlike Aether AAR where you can have the MI offhand).

Crate - Chaos AAR needs some love. As-is is weaker version of the Aether one, more clunky and just not rewarding to play.

Seems entirely legit,
that a min-maxed AAR build with 3 items and points overcap does comparable damage to a single fucking component.
With comparable damage bonuses and cast speed, of course.

Nice change. Totally appreciated. Step in a right direction, yada yada.

Except this is a great example of how tooltips lie to you. Both skills are being inflated by their dot damage being displayed as 1 second of dot X hit rate (so basically dot damage is showing as 6X what it actually contributes) and given that the dot component of Acid Purge is a far larger % of the tooltip damage the artifical inflation will be much higher there.

I like the RR devotion additions the most so I hope those are here to stay.
Scales was always an appealing cluster but often no resources were available to take it, now that it serves as RR it’s different.
I was surprised that Raise the Dead got RR as well considering how strong the blue devotions are to begin with. That definitely helps several of my characters which can now get some extra leech/AS and don’t need the Manticore requirements anymore.

As for SR amulet, I always thought it was too good for how easy it is to get, so I’m not surprised they changed it.
There’s always Kaisan though, even a moderately rolled one is already very useful. (That 45-55 Eldritch to Burning ratio though.)

Cyclone changes don’t seem too bad to me, I lost around 10% tooltip damage and it still feels strong.

No opinion on Warlord changes since I haven’t touched mine at all.

Also, new Bloodrager helm is seriously good.

These RR changes are what have me most excited (well, also the new graphics esp for transmuters/conversion) I haven’t had time to take Raise Dead out for a spin yet but i think it’ll open up a lot of new optimal devotion paths. The preceding nodes were always decent-to-good but held down by the proc imo. Now that it’s also a manticore replacement it should be pretty top notch. And fun thematically on builds like Essence Drain.

It wasn’t. The warlords are tanks. They were able to shrug off even slaps from Zantai. :stuck_out_tongue:

About EoR - my warborn warlord is still tearing through naked crucible in around 8min 30s. The only thing which stops its warpath is having korvaak + Dravis spawn in 169 because ghoul will most certainly proc in that clusterfuck of nukes which then leaves my buttcheeks exposed in 170

Why we still talking warlords. They are all fine and dandy.

Want another nerf or something? Feel like poking the bear? Bored? Make another SERIOUS thread with lots of math:D

Very very true. My biasedness keeps seeping forth. Sorry fluff! :eek:

Lol, lots of bears coming out of hibernation right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably need to give it time…and let them forage a bit before poking. (ie, test and get past flinch-mode).

The thing that bothers me a bit is the maiven’s change, my builds that took it always maxed it out, and now all those builds have a bigger damage penalty than before. I don’t understand why these arcanists needed another 2% damage penalty added honestly. I think the meta will shift on this skill, it might turn into a one (or few) pointer now, no need to invest more.

Then there’s AAR, but I got flamed by half the forum for that (and Zantai too). Still, the damage nerf it got was too harsh in my opinion and I didn’t need days to figure that out.

Edit: the resist reduction on revenant devotion, pleasant surprise actually, went from underwhelming to almost mandatory.

Unless i had lots of +skills on it in which case i obviously went as high as possible i regularly played it at 1-3 points for the absorbtion/penalty ratio which got worse the closer you got to 12/12.

I was kinda confused about actually seeing it at 12/12 on some builds :undecided:.

With the current changes, at high ult levels it has more absorb but more penalty, so it is debateble if it got stronger or weaker but i tend to agree with you on the matter (that it became weaker).

On the other hand, at (or close to) 12/12 it has the same absorb but less penalty so it might be a good (and definitely better than before) choice to keep it at there.

Finally (and this is why i quoted what i quoted) at a few points, it has the same absorb as before but higher penalty, so if you didn’t used it this way before i would advise against doing it now.

All in all, i’m a bit indifferent about the change as i liked the option to keep it as a one pointer on skill point starving builds and this option just got a lot less appealing to me, but softcapping became a quite better one to even that out.

I agree that hardcapping kinda sucks now, as 25% absorb without penalty was better than 30% with -5% net dps, so i can understand your point here.

That’s my point yes, at least I’ll have a few more free skill points now. No point going above 12/12 now I feel.

Does anyone else feel that the vitality part of a Clairvoyant AAR build is kinda lackluster? Its seems rather hard to stack a decent amount of vitality rr and damage% with either warlock or spellbinder.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqAqW5Z
Here I tried to focus on vitality without harming the aether damage too much but you end up with only 1.5k vitality damage% and 102 vitality rr which is rather low.

The RR changes to devotions is nice with Revenant giving the Chaos affinity neighborhood a nice boost, though I question the idea behind the change for Bysmiel’s Bonds since Manticore already has that neighboorhood covered.
It would have been nicer if Bysmiel’s Bonds (or any other T2+ constellation really, though this one’s appropriate) instead finally gave people progression-based access to multiple pet bonus scaling summons.

For some reason the new Doombolt FX evokes the image of either Bysmiel doing the swim dance move or Solael using his thumb to quash an insect.
I suppose Dreeg can do either depending on your interpretation, though Dreeg doing the swim… now that’s an interesting mental image.

Flat RR introduction is great, finally the manticore days are over. Flat RR on pet devotion is especially welcome.

Yet to check my Octavius warlord.

Lost Souls feels better. Still Hellhound has too much unconverted chaos dmg.

Sentinel of the Three Sentinel - mixed bag. It was weak (imo) and not much have changed. More flat acid reta, but you still can’t effectively kill caster enemies. Aegis does somewhat good damage, but is a cd skill. Hence no proper sustain. Yeah, sure fabius and the likes blow up real fast, but things like Valaxeria/Janaxia/… take ages to kill and actually are dangerous. Will be testing more and trying sr and crucible later this week.

Bloodrager - only logged into my bleeding warder to check stats. Noticed my bladeark is now at 24 and I can get it to 25 max with current gear. Pity, as shaman relic and belt are both bis. Proc change looks very good, will have to try it out.

I don’t think you understand.
Bonds of Bysmiel summons a physical/acid damage-type pet with properties that scale with +pet damage mods plus an RR debuff.
Manticore (when bound to a pet, because pet build) gives your pet/s an acid/poison attack with properties that scale with +pet damage mods plus an RR debuff.

The details are very different, true, but the fact remains that there is a considerable amount of overlap there regardless.

The only thing that bothers me is how gimped arcanist is now. Overcapping Maviens sucks and AAR despite piercing got a damage nerf even though pre patch it does less damage than EOR :rolleyes:

Acid prm is worse than it was, as you need four high-rolled equipment slots, including 1-3 greens, just to make the conversion work, (belt and mi chest for aether + mainhand and amulet or two guns or venomblade helm+dreegal anore for the elemental part) as opposed to a conduit and cowl+dreegal anore before. (a no greens setup)

and that is something as acid prm wasnt even good to begin with-