What I think about stun jacks

I think this skill is too difficult to use compared to other skills. The real question is, who uses this skill? If my research is not bad, I have found only one person using this skill in the last few years.
Nope. There was one other person. Me. And now I am writiing to the forum.
I think it could be a little more powerful…

then your research is bad… :woozy_face:

it is very powerful

Stun Jacks can be a bit clunky to some because it requires shotgunning for full effect - but it’s very good at shotgunning
Certain modifiers can potentially improve not just the strength of it(obviously) but also make it a bit less clunky like Light’s Defender give more aoe

4 Likes

It is indeed difficult to use but as mentioned it’s powerful so maybe that’s the balance.
Personally I’d like to use for Light’s Defender +radius bonus to be moved to the base of the skill.

In endgame Stun Jacks, either Cold or Lightning, can kill Ravager in way less than 1m which is otherwise very hard to do with spellcasters.

2 Likes

What you two are saying is correct.
But is there any reason to use this skill instead of a tank?
I just need a little bit more damage. in ult.
It’s certainly not weak, but it’s not crisp.

what does this mean? :thinking:

then readjust your character/build? - with the right skill+item focus it can become really good.
Or better yet, post your build and ask for suggestions, it’s why we have the other forum sections to ask for mechanic/build interactions or build optimization or general build tips

1 Like

When aiming for a full hit at close range, there is a risk of death. Then it’s safer to hit with a tank, and the damage will be higher.
I wanted a high DPS as a point that the tank does not have.

Thanks for the offer, but I enjoy tinkering with things myself. Right now I’m feeling limited in trying to increase the efficiency of SR runs. That’s why I said tanks are better. It’s easier and a little faster.

no, few things kill as fast as stun jacks dps

only if you’re doing super high SR, which is intended to not be for regular builds

if you build jacks proper, it will be good/safe to face shotgun with
also remember stun jacks can get lifesteal now

1 Like

I’m curious - are CD stunjacks a thing in modern building?

yes
LD elementalist as example

1 Like

You can I guess but it would be suboptimal.

1 Like

Does Stunjacks go well with Tsunami constelation?

Maybe you should try it, just like i’m going well when using Word of Pain with Tsunami for multiple procs.

EDIT: Almost forgot that Tsunami skill deal both cold and lightning damage, and has stars that boost both damage types, what is good for boost Stunjacks damage a bit.

1 Like