What if DOT damage had a seconday unique effect based on element?

Wouldnt it be better if there was a unique debuff effect from stacking specific DOT damage,

like for example just on top of my head:

Frostburn - reduced attack/move speed/reduced health regeneration

Burn - reduced armor/DA

ELectrocute - reduced OA/ bigger chance to stun

Poison - reduced dmg

Vitality decay - when a mob dies from VD we get a mini corpse explosion

Does anyone know was this the intention or was there a particular reason to go with a homogenized DOT dmg agnostic to its main element?

It doesnt necessarily need to become some big number, but something like -10 DA per burn stack to max 10 stacks etc.

Any thoughts?

Most skills already have some debuff related to the damage dealt, so adding additional effects on dots would be redundant because most of them don’t stack.

It’s a cool idea, but it complicates things and makes it harder to balance skills

Indeed but it was just a thought you know giving a bit more flavour to each of the dot`s - otherwise they act the same. Was thinking if Crate had such an idea at one point but for relevant reasons decided to drop it.

There was a similar suggestion in 2010(?) asking to create pairs of damage type and debuff. It seems the thread was not migrated when Crate switched the forum software from vbulletin to Discourse, but I remember medierra’s reply like this: They needed to create many affixes and unique items, which should feel distinct. If one secondary effect was always paired with its related damage type, they would have been rather limited in their choices. Instead they wanted to be able to create interesting combinations.

I see thanks for sharing this information mate