What if Krieg Set had Pet bonuses?

Since Pets lack a farmable set and Aether pet build options (after 1.1.6.0), what if pet bonuses were tacked onto Krieg with focus on Aether dmg?

It might be a good idea or a pretty good case of what not to do. I don’t know, you can be the judge. Let me know your thoughts and opinions and as always, poll time:

• Yes
  • No
  • I have been bribed with Ice Cream to say “Yes”

0 voters

I don’t know… it doesn’t make sense thematically. Krieg doesn’t look like a guy who has pets.

He summons minions during his fight.

Besides. have you seen the breeding chambers? He loves pets :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What if we use other items or even new set for this purpose? Like Necromancer with aether skeletons, zombie pet with aether explosion and skeletons from Revenant to support the build them?

Also works and would be preferable if the devs are willing.

His green MI mace supports Raise Skeletons with mods and bonuses.

1 Like

Ninja’d by Norzan.

On a slightly related note, were piercing damage pets ever a thing? I know Briarthorn used to do piercing with its Ground Slam. Is it even possible for an item to give pets armor piercing? Seems to me like they would be viable with just that one item, since Inquisitor already supports them.

Primal Spirit still has piercing dmg. But other than that, don’t think pierce was ever a thing for pets. RR will also be a problem.

Krieg is a cruel jailor and in his next manifestation a cruel impregnator so that would make sense to make his items give bonuses to something helpless/weak/subhuman. Skeletons are perfect match for that!

1 Like

I see. Death Sentence provides less RR than most mastery skills.

krieg set doesn’t need pet bonuses, that is a horrible idea. Play blood knight if you want to run around with some pets. What krieg needs is some slow resist and stun resist.

Way to miss the point of the thread…

1 Like

i get it that pets specs don’t have any targetable set, but if crate tacked on pet bonuses onto krieg set, knowing them they would nerf the set in other ways making it useless for full melee. besides pet specs are boring no offense.

I wouldn’t mind a new Pet Set that is target farmable either. But Krieg fits that criteria + being Aether focused. As for whether they would nerf the non pet side for it or not, that depends entirely upon how the devs decide to balance it.

Also Pet builds boring you say?

1 Like

haha did i invoke the pet specs god’s wrath? Really I don’t trust crate anymore with many of the changes they make, alot of the changes they make these days don’t make any sense and usually drastic in nature forcing players to formulate builds in such a way so that only perfect building will enable the build in endgame.

1 Like

I can agree to Krieg’s pets of course if they’re extra bonus and not replacement of already existing bonuses. Krieg’s aether minions does sound like a cool character’s name. But Krieg set is already pretty heavy on skill bonuses, Idk. Maybe pets stats and little bit of skill bonuses is enough?

At least you didn’t suggested Dark One :smile:

1 Like

Maybe Corruptor set could be made to support Aether damage? I havent used the set except the early days of AoM.

• What if the MI belts thats convert “X damage to Y” would all have same pet attributes added to them? This would create more versatile pet builds.

I would love a farmable pet set, especially to Aether build pets now that we mourn the loss of the wisp. I think Krieg’s would be a quick fix for that but not ideal. Ideally a new set but that also takes a lot more balancing requirements, I’m guessing. It wouldn’t dilute the pool though as it would be farmable, potentially something in Ugedenbog where they have a lot of beasts. Maybe the three beasts from the Barrowholm quest so you’d actually have to get that far into the quest lines to get them to spawn?

But Krieg’s could probably work and given that hybrid’s don’t work, I’m not sure how adding a few pet stats to Krieg would make for too much of a nightmare but I am far from being knowledgeable about most of the deep interworkings of the mechanics so that would be for those in the know.

Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. You want to have a post that talks about you not trusting Crate with the game, go start one, this one is about whether or not adding pet bonuses to Krieg would be good, bad or neither. Pros and Cons. of. Krieg set and pets.

2 Likes

That is because I already have like 3 Dark One Pet builds :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I would love it if it got Pet bonuses :smiling_imp:

1 Like

pet bonuses to deadly momentum and Pneumatic Burst too!!!

1 Like