What is the top 2H PS Ultos build post patch?

Which is a lot of physical resist, but without much armor and with no Maiven or Seal or circuit breaker it is going to be tough. Also, not using Pact on full Ultos build is a huge dps loss. But I guess in Main Campaign Ultos conjurer will tear everything apart faster than other Ultos builds.

Question: Why is the combo with demo bad?

I dont see it. Want learn more about theory crafting :smiley:

demo gives:
Blast shield as passiv circuit breaker
Flat OA
+%dmg
total speed/ias
40%! RR with thermit mines
and flashbang DA shred

I have Ultos conjurer myself (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQz55v2) and while the DPS is truly incredible (fully buffed with blessings I reached over 300 k DPS), it feels like paper in Crucible for some reason. I have over 17K hp, around 45% phys resist, 2.5K armor (without blessings) and I havent been able to complete 150 crucible yet…sometimes I even get killed by trash mobs:( I am not the best player obviously but I can farm crucible with my RoH infiltrator and dual sigillis purifier without breaking any sweat and they both feel 3 times more tanky despite being more squishy on the paper.

Its quite a mystery to me. In comparison my purifier has only 11K hp, almost no phys. resist, similar DA and just 300 more armor, but despite this he can take incomparably more punishment than my ultos conjurer (I guess overcaped inquisitor seal + blasts shield is much stronger than having 40% phys resist and 6K more HP?). I havent tried vindicator yet, but I guess ill switch to it or to druid soon. Idk if its just me, but inquisitor seems generally like the best class/subclass to take for its insane damage mitigation, crit, heal and…well, everything xD

Your build doesn’t have a lot of life steal, coupled with 2h builds’ single hit and relatively low AS, every miss from fumble means you’re not regaining health.
Could also try to get better res overcap (Pierce is uncapped without a blessing) or study more which enemies have strong RR.

For similar reasons, I had a 2h melee Trickster that had really high tooltip (200k+ without crucible buffs) but in practice it turned out to perform worse than DW builds with less than half that DPS tooltip.
Double hits and extra hits from WPS make all the difference.

I’d try to get more life steal and be on the lookout for fumble pools, but some of them have such high uptime that it’s not really possible to avoid them.

Demo is not the best class to pair with the druid for several reasons:

> Inquisitor’s seal is better than blastshield (you also get flat damage). Besides, ghoul is good 'nuff a circuit breaker.

> Many other classes give OA, and better OA too. E.g. Dreeg’s blood gives OA, a heal, phys res, and poison res. Arcanist gives a massive %OA.

> Attack speed: Can’t argue with you here. But again, solael’s gives you that.

> RR: Thermite mines is clunky af to use. It’s such an annoying spell, and often times, enemies would have already moved from the spot you threw them at. This forces you to waste more time re-casting them. To make matters worse, I’ve noticed that if thrown at point blank range, they have a tendency to miss small human targets - you then need to back tf up, cast them, before running back to the enemy.

And again, during this time, the target would probably have moved to a different position again.

> Vulnerability also gives DA shred. CoF is SO much easier to cast, and also gives phys RR for any unconverted phys damage you may do.

The only real upside the demo has over the occultist is the fumble from flashbang.

Thats the setup I use for campaign (Stormseeker with Riftstone for QoL), but in Crucible I use Seal of Blades (in weapon swap) where I have 79% pierce resist and 12 % life steal. Is 12 % life steal rly that low? I mean this is the exact same build as Fluff is using (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73088) and he is clearing 170 crucible with it even without ghoul, so he has even lower life steal. No idea how is he doing it though xD

Any idea how to get more IAS and life steal than? The only thing that comes to my mind is to get Revenant, but what to drop? I am not rly sure it would make much of a difference to be honest, the problem is that I am just taking way too much damage…like my hp is constantly jumping from like 20%-100% in 1/4 second as I attack with life steal, but any kind of disable, skill disruption or just when I am unable to leech is absolutely deadly.

Fluff is Fluff, he does Crucible on his Pentium 3 computer in his sleep, he is a good pilot. Your setup is super offensive, with that DA you should expect to get popped from time to time.

I would suggest using Judicator’s Seals in Crucible for more DA and attack speed (and additional little heal). I would also recommend using Restless Remains for more ADTCH. You should also watch Fluff’s videos from his conjurer build and see how he plays. You gotta get very aggro with that much offense and try to take out some nemeses at spawn before they group up and do a little brazzers show to your conjurer.

You can also use mine Devotion path, got same procs, but more DA.

But overall, don’t expect much from Conjurer in terms of melee tankiness.

Thank you very much for tips. I generally dislike the judicator rings, their stats are horrible and the proc doesnt help one bit against bosses:( Also nice thing about the glyph rings is that they give me nice armor boost since they are crafted. Ofc, I would use thunderstruck/stalward rings of readiness/dranghoul, but I have no such thing and I am not going to gdstash them xD

Ill switch to Druid, use your devotion setup and get restless remains (although I have no clue how I am going to cap poison resists without BoD lol). Is there any way to get Revenant btw? Or maybe SoH instead of DG?

edit: I just noticed that not a single piece of your equipment has poison res, but ure capped. What am I missing lol? Nvm, ure using Sylvarias essence. Not sure I wanna give up the juicy DA and all damage % bonuses from survivors ingenuity though

Conjurer and Druid are different animals when it comes to Ultos. They should be piloted a bit differently too.

Tips I gave should help you with your conjurer. Yes, giving up Glyphs is not easy, but Judicator’s help a lot with DA in crucible, plus give you attack speed. Plus, let’s not forget how much you gain with that monstrous OA buff from Judicators (you can get up to 150 or smth OA on Closed Fist + 8% OA from set proc) when playing Ultos. With that monstrous crit damage having huge OA means that you can crit Nemesis (and everyone else) on more regular basis, meaning faster kill times (thus getting out of hairy situations with multiple nemeses quicker) and MUCH bigger life returns.

Hey, I’ve used the same setup you see there but with 2x Glyph rings with great success and a bit faster kill speed. I used judicator rings for more balanced stats to post the build but glyph rings setup is totally doable, especially if you decide to use ghoul

Hey there. You mean the devotion setup that Lee posted (with Solemn Watcher), or the one without?

You are just damn good player and u know everything about crucible, but for me its just impossible to clear it like that. Trying to find a way how to make it more defensive while still keeping very high damage. Ill try the tips Lee gave me and if it doesnt help, I think just switching to Vindicator and getting overcapped seal would solve all my issues, but literally all the characters I play use Inquisitor as subclass and its just getting a little bit boring casting seal all the fking time lol using the same playstyle. Maybe Druid or Warder could be the solution here, idk.