What is your GD "I'm a total moron" moment?

I’m totally loving the new transmute option. It allowed me to get my hands on the coolest sets without having to frustratingly grind in the dark hoping for the damn missing piece to drop.

So anyway, I was in the process of completing the Darkblaze set. I got all the pieces except for one of the guns. Not matter how many times I tried I couldn’t get the damn gun. I got the other one like ten times and I spent easily 2 millions iron bits in transmutation with no avail. It started to drive me crazy. So in a moment I check the set in the GT database and I come to a big realization: THERE IS NO OTHER GUN. THE SET ONLY HAS ONE. I SPENT MILLIONS OF IRON BITS AND DOZENS OF ELDRITCH ESSENCE IN A SET PIECE THAT DOESN’T EXIST. I feel so dumb. I could have sworn that the Darkblaze had to different guns. Maybe I assumed that it has two guns being a dual pistols set.

Did you have a moment when playing GD where you felt like a complete idiot?

1 Like

Reading this post. Lol.

Kidding. Hoping Alkamos Touch of Anguish will drop in the next run.

I always remember all my “idiot moments”, but I can’t think of any if it comes to games, which means I never do idiot moments in games. I only have some oopsies or big oopses, but never “holy shit I am retarded” moments. Might be because I see the difference between real life and games and therefore if I fuck up in a game, I fuck up. The biggest oopsie I can think of is dying to Gabal’Thunn with my first AoM character at level 43 or something. That’s literally all I can remember very well.

The biggest misstake and “oppsi moment”

I ran Warlock on ultimate and was in Steps Of Torments when i ran across one damn big guy that had a skull marker on minimap :star_struck:… I opend up with the Ray of caos and dot´d with everything i had… He turned around and faced me and i could tell he thought - naww he wanna play with me the little man - :nerd_face::sunglasses:

struck me 1 time with his big sword and i dropped… :skull_and_crossbones::skull:

That moment i came across what Hardcore meant… :100::black_heart:

1 Like

i’ve been wanting to make a storm titan build, that means completing the mythical ultos set. i’ve already got the 2h axe and the armor. i look on my blacksmith recipe, and i’m dancing inside my head when i found the recipe for ultos hood (since that means i can complete the set through transmuting crafted ultos hood). then i craft that ultos hood, and wear it. basking in the moment of satisfaction for achieving the means to complete my build. then i look at my ultos set bonuses in the tooltip.

the ultos hood text isn’t highlighted.

i frowned in confusion… then i look at the ultos hood. then i look at the ultos 2h axe and armor. then i see that blasted number on my ultos hood.

1. it was an ultos hood. not MYTHICAL ultos hood.

now i cringe when i realize gd demand us to farm both the level 75 legendary set and level 94 mythical set blueprints. they both have different blueprints. now i’m ashamed of that happy dance i’ve done (its a figurative dance. still… it sucks).

lesson learned: always look for the MYTHICAL word. its the reason our chars exist in gd.

but there’s more. shortly after that derpy moment, the game drops a MYTHICAL ultos HOOD blueprint from that azaleon gryphon.

I feel mocked, yet also grateful.

1 Like

Tis’ not only one,but probably the biggest is that you need to cover resistances.Before starting GD,played other RPG game when they don’t matter a lot,so I assume same thing apply in Grim Dawn.Big mistake,:smile:

Other than that,in FG I was making Ring of Steel build with Chillheart weapons.I read -1.5 sec cool down,so having two,will make it spammable.I spent time creating devotion map,items and augments.When I started playing,realized,that increased CD and not the opposite .So Ring of Steel centered build with 6.5 sec CD,yikes!

1 Like