What other improvements do you want to see in the game?

What improvements do you still want to see more in GD (can be UI/UX or item related)? For me, removing the death counter on a toon and having more pet related items such as a pet related axe which the game doesnt have.

Also, Mythical Will of Bysmiel’s pets being permanent

1 Like

why tho?

*also keep in mind you can technically do this with GDstash, just curious why someone would actually want it as a feature?

stuff that’s been rejected already, like ingame dps meter, higher cosmetic pet limit, new nemesis like a bipedal walking hercules beetle, conduit skill “change” effects like make gutripper work with blade arc etc :sweat_smile:
small stuff would be bringing the UI quick clock button back, make world map and devo page more zoomable etc so you can zoom fully out, etc etc
Basically lot of stuff been put forward already but just made it into the game for XY reasons, and i totally understand devs both have to prioritize resource allocations for development/projects, and keep the game/features in line for their vision of how Grim Dawn is supposed to be for them.

Not gonna lie, i don’t really like the idea of removing Death Counter. I know some people exist there who can’t handle it when they see how often they died on softcore, but considering that there isn’t a huge penality if you die, i’m not really into the idea to even remove the last bit of it. Death Count is a pretty good reminder how you performed and encourages to do better the next time you start a toon. (And this is geniune one of the few things people can ignore if they can’t handle their deathcount).

Otherwise my actually gripes would be more Xbox related thatn GD itself:

1. 4K (or atleast 1440p) Support
  2. Mouse & Keyboard support
  3. Dropping Loyalist 1+2 (please) in the Store… i need especially the viking costume for Fangs of Asterkarn.

/Edit: Now i played more on the Xbox Version top thing i miss geniunly is the Rainbow Filters ._. gosh…

I would like to see an unarmed combat as a playable playstyle.

1 Like

I can get behind seeing the Death Counter removed, or perhaps made toggleable for the curious. I’m not convinced it serves a positive purpose in the game when it’s tucked away with other more interesting character stats. Perhaps a spiritually-inclined NPC could communicate this info to players, rather than jamming it into the character sheet.

“Your spirit seems to have been twisted 69 times…”

/players 8. Or, in GD’s case, /players 4.

Legendaries being targetable, both sets and nonsets.

Most of my other suggestions would be modding QoL requests. (getCoords() → json object plz)

These pets got nerfed pretty badly this patch both duration and damage nerfs is a damn shame since they were niche anyways (I used time dilation to get decent uptime on both fiends and harbinger from salazar’s blade).

On pet side I think Reap spirit need some sort of count or icon like skeletons so you aren’t spamming them like silly.

Nazaran’s spectre (blood knight set) is a weird anomaly where it scales off player damage and doesn’t take dmg like blade spirits/wind devils/guardians of empy but it has a health bar like base pets(briarthorn/hellhound/blight fren).

DPS meter would be really big but also more importantly incoming damage meter so you can know what damage is the real issue(especially on deaths) and how to mitigate.

Also Grim Cam, its not good from a gameplay perspective but the world of Cairn is beautiful when you can change the camera angle and can see some really pretty shots(even though there is no skybox).

Agree with reap spirit getting an icon count. Blightfiends with the unstable anomaly skill point should get one as well.

Still, they should make a level 94 version of the Will of Bysmiel amulet where the pets are permanent similar to Blightshard amulet and Heart of the mountain

I think we’ll see that when they make their 10th character next expansion iirc, it’s focusing on melee combat

They can always put more pet items in, sets, items etc, especially if the 10th mastery has a hybrid pet style, both having forms while having pets at the same time.

Given that a new expansion is coming and there will most likely be many buyers, Crate might revisit the idea of officially introducing single-class characters.
Over time, many people wanted it again and again. This could be done by introducing a neutral skill tree that covers all necessities.

More improvements:

• On the pet screen, the resistances over maximum should be shown (long overdue); ideally, also the damage breakdown of the pets somewhere, maybe on a screen that you can access by right-clicking on the pet icon after summoning

• Potions should be needed now to succeed in the highest difficulty mode (ascendant mode); that means potions should be required to bring resistances to an acceptable level; currently, no one uses potions because the resistances are already high enough with high-level end gear; I would suggest raising the resistance malus on ascendant mode to minus 100; that would force a player to finally use potions regularly to increase resistances, and it would elevate the value and appreciation of potions

• Skill modifiers should be shown on the skill description; for example, the Ghol’s Malice set enhances the skill Devouring Swarm by applying a minus 20% poison resistance to it; however, it cannot be seen on the skill description after wearing the set; I believe the tooltips should be adjusted as soon as you equip the respective set or item

I believe these changes would make Grim Dawn even more amazing than it is already now.

That would be cool. I was thinking about that for the next class devs are going to release. Some unarmed berserker type skill.

What about the Mogdrogen set? Has a 2 handed axe that is a pet set.

New pet sets.

1 Like