What to do with Infernal Brimstone?

I wonder if the weapon should get 100-200 % to all retaliation to the base weapon, in addition to the existing boost to vindictive flame. DoT retaliation is imho harder to employ than non-DoT, especially in an AA build such as RF/Retribution spam.

Has anyone found a particularly unique use for Infernal Brimstone? Maybe I am not seeing it. I don’t really know and wanted to hear opinions before going right to the 1.1.9.1 thread.

I haven’t used it much since the original base game. The Ember Set could enable a Saboteur conversion/SS/Yugol Relic Brimstone spin build with focus on Burn DoTs and some spin. However, so many items could probably be swapped in for the Brimstone for similar results. :thinking: And imho there are better weapons for Shieldbreaker RF spam with non-DoT…

I used to use it on my burn Vire’s Might build, but then I discovered Mythical Warhammer of Heavenly Judgment. As far as I know, there is minimal flat burn retal available on items. In fact, the only DoT retal with significant support seems to be poison.

I have only ever seen this weapon used for flat fire auto attacking or EoR. I really like the concept of the weapon though, and I wish there were more interesting ways to utilize it. Maybe change the burn retal to fire retal and make it a sort of fire Dreegal’anore.

Imho the new changes to IB are nice. 100% phys->fire on Guardian of Empyrion helm helps too.

This likely needs more sustain and tweaks, but it definitely looks to be a decent hybrid of normal + retal damage: Brimstone Retal Sheildbreaker.

Fwiw.