What would I need to do to remove these new "master of the pit" bosses?

I’m not sure why these two are even here, especially in non-ultimate. Apparently they’re a reference to some PvP thing? I can’t say I care. I’m not in a great place right now, and came back to this game because I remembered how much I loved it. Repeatedly dying here is NOT helping me. I’d argue that something like this should be restricted to ultimate or behind a skeleton key or anywhere NOT on the main path, but I’m just one person and asking for the game to be changed for everyone on my account would be absurd.

Hence this topic. What would I have to do to remove them on my end so I can just kill the already plenty challenging original master of the pit boss and move on?

Based on my search below you need to change
mods/gdx2/database/records/proxies/boss&questgdx2/pools/p_areag_pvp.dbr

mods/gdx2/resources/text_en/tagsgdx2_creatures.txt:378:tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02=Acedian Aldric ~ Champion of the Pit

mods/GDLeague/database/records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_02.dbr:221:description,tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02,
mods/GDLeague/database/records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_03.dbr:220:description,tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02,
mods/gdx2/database/records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_02.dbr:221:description,tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02,
mods/gdx2/database/records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_03.dbr:220:description,tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02,
mods/gdx2/database/records/proxies/boss&questgdx2/pools/p_areag_pvp.dbr:13:name2,records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_02.dbr,
mods/gdx2/resources/text_en/tagsgdx2_creatures.txt:378:tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02=Acedian Aldric ~ Champion of the Pit
mods/method/database/records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_02.dbr:221:description,tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02,
mods/method/database/records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_03.dbr:220:description,tagGDX2Miniboss_PVP_02,
mods/method/database/records/proxies/boss&questgdx2/pools/p_areag_pvp.dbr:13:name2,records/creatures/enemies/boss&quest/banditminiboss_pvp_02.dbr,

Btw could someone please tell me what mods/method is?

Ah, I should probably clarify that I don’t know the first thing about modding. I was kind of hoping this would just involve going through the game folder and deleting a few lines from the right files or something. Is that a list of the stuff I need to find and remove?

No, it’s not that simple, data is compressed / in database. It’s also not that difficult but you need to learn a bit about modding, mostly this post: [Script][Basics]Modding Beginner's Guide I - #2 by Elfe
If you do that (ends with extracting game’s files), I can guide you further (not much after that) or help if you don’t understand something from the linked post.

Ok, I think I did everything listed there correctly. I imagine I won’t know until it finishes extracting everything, which that post says could take a while.

Takes let’s say 10 minutes on my potato laptop :thinking:

Also there will probably be a message about some ArchiveTool error, you need to close the pop-up / click continue or something like that
so that it can finish extracting

Here’s an overview what you’ll need to do next:;

make changes

• make a soft / custom game mod with your changes
    • in Asset Manager make a new mod: Mod → New

• Database → Import Record → records/proxies/boss&questgdx2/pools/p_areag_pvp.dbr

• click Database tab in the middle of the AM window, click click click in the file tree to find the file above and open it in AM

• make some changes there so they doesn’t spawn (if you don’t now what to change we can think about it)

• build → Build

test if it works

• lanuch the game

• go in Custom Game - select your mod → make a new character → teleport to the pit using these commands (press ~ to invoke command line)

character.WarpCursor - Makes it so player always warps to destination after clicking with LMB
game.Invincible - Toggles being invincible.

you can also teleport by editing your spawn points in GDDefiler or GDStash

or copying your save folder to modded game and changing your character mod flag in GDStash to be visible in modded game

then making the changes to show in your Normal Campaign Game

not only in Custom Game

Maybe I’ll write about it later

I’ll check up on this thread in some later time

It seems to have worked! There’s nobody in the pit now. That does mean Boris isn’t there either, but that’s fine. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Nice, I expected longer conversation but you seem to be very quick at this.
Anyway, write if you have any more problems - for example you probably tested it in Custom Game but maybe you’d like it in “un-modded” Main Campaign too.

That might be nice since it would mean not having to restart my playthrough, but it’s not like I was all that far in anyway. Regardless, it’s 2:30 AM here, so for now I think I’ll call this a success and get some sleep. Again, thank you for all your help!

1 Like

Ok, another method is moving all your stuff to Custom Game.

• moving save folder

• ticking character’s mod flag in GDStash

• transfering blueprints file (just copying to different folder is enough)

• transfering stash (needs to be assigned to your mod in GDStash)

• transfering illusions is not possible (but you can add all of them with GDStash)

But I personally prefer hard-modding (meaning applying to Normal Game) such little changes.
For example I delete Blood of Dreeg / Pneumatic Burst / Word of Renewal sounds
or change color of skills (for exampe when I’m playing Acid build with Sigil I change Sigil to be Acid-looking)

Probably worth mentioning that if you overwrite your main game (non-custom) with such changes, you will have to redo/reapply them after any subsequent updates of the game by Crate.

I meant the new hard-mod method that doesn’t have this problem

Oh, I forgot that there was some method discovered for that.

Just walk past, there’s no reason to kill them unless you really wanna become the new master of the pit.

Edit: glad to see other comments were more helpful than mine :smiley:

2 Likes

One exit of stauton mine leads to a distant location after the pit.

1 Like

Hanneffy mine :arrow_up: