What would you like to see in a Summoning-focused mastery?

Oh yeah I see what you’re talking about now, I never put the name “golem” on them but more like “big ass living rocks”. Yeah the animations for them should be perfect.

Okay but what about the part where he only gets a % of damage and you get a smaller %? Still thanks, I’m saving this idea for later… maybe.

Lol, big ass living rocks. I mean isn’t that the very definition of a golem? :slight_smile:

Like I said, it’s damn close not perfect. If you do a little bit of brainstorming maybe you can think of a decent workaround - workaround are the life of modding with this engine… believe me. Ask Violos how his D2 mod happened in TQ. It is a mountain of workarounds. Basically what you can do is make his skill that I mentioned before, the melee one, and have it set to a very high life leech (D2 was 70% right?). Then you just attach your heal and balance around how much dmg he does at various intervals, or do your own thing. I mean your mod is a summoner mod not a d2 mod, right?

Most of the time in fantasy settings they are shaped like sculptures, I had this picture in mind.

All right all right, workaround for a lifelink. First I’ll try to do the punch of leech.
Yeah but the life link was pretty cool and stealing it wouldn’t have been so bad.

But why?

Because we needed this skill back in 2013 and yet we still don’t have it :frowning:

So I’m trying to get it any where I can…Even if it means I have to download a Summoner Class

I’m afraid I’m going to disappoint you by saying I’m not going to do it. I have other plans, the mastery is oriented towards cold and fire damage.

Trust me I’m very disappointed in the fact we still don’t have chain lightning, but in no way am I disappointed in you saying you won’t add it in your mod.

Speaking of which, why don’t we have one already? GD is like the only Hack n Slash these days that doesn’t have this kind of skill.

Closest one we have is primal strike + transmuter/modifiers but yeah not quite right.

If you’re patient I will have one within a month, hopefully, maybe 2. I have to finish the mod I’m working on now (a mini project) first though. I’m nearing completion on it and I think you’ll probably like it although it doesn’t have a chain lightning, I have a feeling you will still enjoy it.

All right progress report:

• Remains (T9 skill) is done
  • Goetia (T9 skill) is done
  • The buff for the heal is post-ponned. Still not working so I sent a request to Elfe on steam to help me if he doesn’t mind.
  • I made some icons already! Which means I’m gonna do some polishing before publishing the mod.
  • Started working on the “Fire Mage” (his name is Grigori). Interesting (?) to note is that his spells will have a custom icon but not Grigori himself. Here are the tags for his skillset:

#Grigori: summon, innate, spell 1, buff, spell 2, spell ultimate, spell basic
tagClass08SkillName07A=Grigori
tagClass08SkillDescription07A=Summon the powerful undead warlock named Grigori alongside you. Uses only spells to attack.
tagClass08SkillName07B=Broken Mantra
tagClass08SkillDescription07B=The "un"life of the Grigori is only temporary, his strong powers are consuming him from the inside.
tagClass08SkillName07C=Eternal Sanctity
tagClass08SkillDescription07C=Make the ground explode in fire under the target.
tagClass08SkillName07D=Closer
tagClass08SkillDescription07D=Buff the spellcraft of Grigori with even more fire power.
tagClass08SkillName07E=SIN
tagClass08SkillDescription07E=Burns Grigori’s target a its core.
tagClass08SkillName07F=Babel
tagClass08SkillDescription07F=Fires a deadly beam of fire and ice for a few seconds.
tagClass08SkillName07G=Chorazin
tagClass08SkillDescription07G=Launch a fireball that weaken enemies on hit.

• Some balance changes and skill tweaks to have a smoother first release

• Tag changes

• The idea of the life leeching golem is shelved for now. Might work on it after the first release on the forums.

• The title of this thread is still relevant, any new ideas are welcomed even if they’re shit.

QUESTION: How should I name the ice skeletor? That’s actually its name now but it doesn’t really fit now that I’m making a bit more “serious” names and descriptions.

I’ll continue after a night of sleep. Good night all.

Sounds good so far. Very nice.

Can’t wait to see some things appear!!

For a name for your skeletor, here is a very random one… Alpcus

I really dont want the changes you guys just mention

too heavy for the game

You know this is a mod being created, and unless you download it, it does not affect your game.

It won’t be something that is mandatory to play the game. No worries.

Alpcus sounds like Alpacus, it’s funnier more than anything but I get where you’re coming from. Alkcus might be better but now it sounds like a battery name. Well might as well use another song name. How about Abaddon? I know it’s a lot more than just a song name but I took it from there.

Fun fact: All the names in this mastery are actually song titles. I’ll post a list of what’s what for release. Also will put a DL link to the mod not built so you can make your own changes to it. But it’s mainly in hopes of merging with another mod.

Final word before I got to bed:
If everything goes well expect the first release on May 10 at some point. So tomorrow or today depending on where you live. Or yesterday?

Can’t wait to see it, download it, try it. :slight_smile: Only 2 1/2 hours until tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I would like to see summoned spirit sword that teleports to the enemies to strike them.

I’m probably a bit late on this, but I would love a more tanky support summon.

Something that’s kinda hard to take down, but doesn’t really do much damage. Like, some combination of auras, curses, and support abilities that it casts on various targets around it, while tanking damage from enemies.

So I’ve been working on Grigori since I woke up, I’m coming close to the first release.

Now I got some kind of “support” tank, as in he got quite a bit of CC (freezing) and cast an aura that boost the cold damage of allies. He also got a lot of slots to get attacked and his slash attacks taunt the shit out of everyone.
Does this work well enough?

Grigori will have a buff but it will be for himself; it boosts his fire damage.

Sounds good. I hope that when I login to play this afternoon, about 2 hrs from now, I got something to try…

No pressure of course!! Take your time, get it done right before a release!!

You’ll have to wait a tad more, there’s a skill I can’t do because you can’t create animations. I’m re-doing it but it won’t be what I had planned first.

I’m gonna be the dissenting opinion here and say I don’t want a summoner that summons a lot of stuff. I had an idea once about a Bloodsworn mastery tree where half the tree was Chaos based spells while the other half is summoning your own Harbinger and empowering it via different nodes and mutators. And at endgame you could either send Chaos bolts flying everywhere or have a badass Harbinger that rains hellfire on everything, with maybe a taunt to help with not dying.