What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

i know steam ratings aren’t everything, but they seem to tell a different tale if one compares the two - with some reviews having certain things to say about the game, and graphical changes

Welcome to the FF forum Shimky. :slightly_smiling_face:

City/town builders were my first gaming love too. Still play Banished, Zeus and Emperor from time to time.

1 Like

There is a lot of hatred towards the development team of Life is Feudal: Forest Village who didn’t maintain the code for very long and left some glaring bugs untouched. But I still think it is a fantastically enjoyable game if medieval colony survival is your thing.

1 Like

Thanks, Medea!

1 Like

Don’t think you’ll have to worry about that for FF. Crate have continuously updated, balanced, improved Grim Dawn and I expect similar with the town builder. They’ll work hard to make it the best it can be.

2 Likes

There’s an FF discord as well if that’s your thing. We don’t have a lot to talk about in there yet, but some of the FF team are there and who knows what little titbits of info they might drop in the not too distant future. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes, I read a lot of good things about Crate. It seems they have given Grim Dawn and its DLC a lot of love and long-term polish and maintenance. ARPGs are not my thing but I’ve watched some videos and it looks very nice.

Thanks, I will just stick to this forum. I have read a lot of it today and I see that you are on top of things and I’ve also seen that Medierra pays you a visit from time to time. So, let me say thanks right now for the work, Medea. :metal:

I try. It would help if Medierra gave us more info though. :pray: The Steam store page tells us a fair amount, but we need MOAR! :smile:

like a buy/pre-order button Medierra :wink:

1 Like

That would be a start. They’re also working on a trailer.

1 Like

Definitely excited about this game. Added it to my wishlist yesterday. Usually I won’t play early access but I’m guessing I won’t be able to resist this. The setting is perfect for me, and knowing it’s made by Crate gives me a lot of confidence.

MOAR info please!

In the FF discord just now

" Acreal Today at 17:19
We do not have any multiplayer component in FF currently, and I am unaware of plans to add anything mp related. Single player, no internet required."

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool FEATURE! :grinning:

3 Likes

On February 18th, 2008 Crate Entertainment was founded. Seems to me this 13th anniversary day would be perfect for a new game release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Come on big M, get it out there!

4 Likes

When it’s ready. :wink:

1 Like

You forgot to add the TM tag to that Strannik :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m thinking its a ANNO/SIERRA mash up. Slow at work today so I tried to analyze it.

4 Likes

Very excited for this project, Not big on this kind of game but anything crate makes is a instant buy for me.

1 Like

Another new screenshot on the FB page.

13 Likes