What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

I see I did not think this through to the end. I just imagined you created an equally powerful, but flawless solution, by which you could take the middleware market by storm… Of course you have just focussed on those features you actually need.

This is obviously to late to change and probably a redundant question but have you tried to look into other engines before for how they work for an rts?

Started playing Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom again to get my hand back in for town builders. Makes me ask will FF have a tutorial? Or will it be dive in and learn by trial and error? Most town builders I’ve played do have tutorials.

1 Like

We use a hint system that detects common road blocks or issues in your settlement, and gives you a heads up on how to address them. So right off the bat if you don’t know what to do, you should start seeing some hints about what your settlement needs to give you a nudge in a particular direction.

So, for example, if you need wood for constructing a building, but you have none in storage and no trees are marked for harvesting, the game detects that case and displays a message saying that you need to mark resources for harvesting. In addition, you can click the message to expand it and get a more detailed description of how to mark resources for harvesting, using screenshots and stuff.

8 Likes

Nice. Thanks for the info. :+1:

New screenshots! Hot from the FF discord.

Also

7 Likes

Hot pants😱 Absolutely the sexiest town builder screenshot i ever seen. Crate, are u guys creating game or arts?!

1 Like

those screenshots remind me of anno 1404. i’m liking the farms’ layouts.

Hurry up and put this out so I can start taking screenshots for my DnD campaign. :smiley:

Well, more screenshots on the website it seems. This from the FB page.

3 Likes

external-content.duckduckgo

1 Like

Zan did say on the FF discord the other day that they’d be giving a youtuber some screenshots. Seems this is the one he was talking about - FF stuff is about 3.35 in.

8 Likes

Man, every new screen shot just makes me drool.

It’s going well … sort of. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Hi! I’m new here, but saw Farthest Frontier on Steam and it says it’s available for Early Access. But I can’t find any way to buy or download it to join the Early Access crew. How can I do that?

Mitche

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Short answer is you can’t. It’s only available to wishlist atm because it hasn’t gone into early access yet. Hopefully some time later this year it’ll happen.

Ahah! Well that explains why I couldn’t figure out how to access it. Thanks! I’ll keep a watch on it. It looks like it’ll be a good game!

Some FF trailer? Nothing’s showing yet btw and it’s past the scheduled time.

Huh. I don’t see anything like that. :roll_eyes: Pretty sure if they were going to do something like that, we’d have been told about it here on the forum beforehand.

1 Like

Or on Facebook.