What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

Look, look, LOOK!

4 Likes

Aaawwwww Medea… you really got my hopes up for a sec there, I though it was already uploaded at first :cry:

Now to decide if I should get up at 1am to watch it on a work night :thinking:

Well, it’ll still be there when you get up at the normal time.

yeah but thats still hours after the new gaming addiction fix is avalible :stuck_out_tongue:

I kinda miss the bi-weekly misdaventures. Any chance of seeing them back for FF?

Nope. If there was they’d have started about 6 years ago. :upside_down_face:

I wonder how many months until early access begins.

That’ll depend on when Crate decide it’s good enough to go into early access.

Woth a shot… Well, at least we got a trailer. Looks very nice. It’s kinda weird seeing everyone running though (except for the bear part, which is kinda understandable).

I think it’s weird that people want them to take their sweet ass time and casually stroll from one end of the map to the other.

It’s odd to me that people seem to want games to emulate the real world where it wouldn’t be practical or fun (or respectful of a players time) for them to do so. Sometimes developers have to recognize when it isn’t good to do so. This is one of those times.

But I promise you, you won’t even be paying attention to such trivial things once you start playing. And you’ll see why quickly. And if you think about how other similar games handle “time” you can probably guess easily enough what you’ll be doing most the time anyway.

1 Like

That music is really nice. It sounds similar to GD’s soundtrack, less Grim obviously. I’m getting some good vibes from this gameplay video; it reminds me of AoE 2. One of my favorite parts in Age of Empires 2 is the medieval setting, and building a village, so this should be right up my alley.

Another article

2 Likes

Found some more streamers looking forward to the game.

And another 19.5 minutes in MOST ANTICIPATED NEW CITY BUILDING GAMES & SIM GAMES 2022 - YouTube
And another 30 New Upcoming PC CITY-BUILDING Games in 2022 & 2023 ► Best Survival Simulation City-builders! - YouTube

LOL. You know city planning for games like Grim Dawn sounds like a nightmare until you put it that way.