When do flat devotion bonuses trigger?

Another thing that came to my mind was I couldn’t wrap my head around some of the bonuses of the devotions. Most are clear. +x% damage, +x% Resist, all apply to your bases values or to their respective triggers.
But there are others that are not bound to triggers and yet have a timed effect. There is -20% Elemental Resistance for 3 Seconds on Viper. So when does that applay? Three seconds are not much if the mob is on the edge of the screen and you have to get in close to damage it. Or it isn’t any good for a caster if it needed weapon damage to trigger it. Will it trigger if you get into a certain range? Same for those DoTs that come with some devotions. Like 45 Frostburn over 3 Seconds in Leviathan (Does the +100% Frostburn effectively mean 450 Frostburn?), will those trigger with any skill? Getting close enough? Only on weapon damage (attack or skill with weapon damage).
The other side of Leviathan has 12 - 16 Cold Damage. Wil those be added to every skill? Every Attack? Everything applying weapon damage?

Sorry, being in question mood today, so forgive me any stupid question :smiley:

Your question is not stupid… it’s actually one of the more complicated aspect of GD…
but you should have checked the tutorial and guide section first…

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=251347#post251347

This thread will give you the complete information on resistance reduction.

But quick answer to the Viper constellation, the - 20% elemental resistance only applies to any attack that has weapon damage component, and scale to the weapon damage % up to 100%.

As for the flat damage bonus from the constellation nodes, they are passively added to your weapon damage and will not affect any skill that has no weapon damage component.

I hope my reply answers your questions.

any source with % weapon dmg applies it.

Example: viper -20% res for 3 sec will be applied if a skill or speell has %wpdmg value.

More importantly, for the full 20% value to be applied you need 100% wp dmg.

If you have 50% you get 10% rr etc.

Flat damage from devotion nodes or standalone effects on nodes like ADCtH, Viper’s resist reduction or Energy Leech trigger on weapon attacks or attacks with % weapon damage and scale down their effect based on amount of weapon damage used (50% weapon damage applies 50% of the effect). It doesn’t scale above 100% though.

Don’t confuse it with effects attached to skills though, for example, Hand of Ultos has % reduced resist reduction that only it will apply when triggered regardless of weapon damage.

other people answered the other questions, but I had to address this one out of principle. I don’t know why you’re multiplying 45 frostburn by a factor of 10 when you’re doing the math here.

If you have 10 apples and your friend has 100% more apples than you, how many apples does your friend have? Twice as many, so 20. 100% more = twice as many.

so 100% more frostburn than 45 = 90 frostburn

D’Oh! As I said… Tired this morning. That one was really stupid. :undecided:

Thanks all. So in my case those goodys only apply to a limited amount to RoS.
:frowning: Well Runes do enough ouch at the moment.

1. Does the damage that applies the RR benefit from the RR, or only the following damage?

Your question is not stupid… it’s actually one of the more complicated aspect of GD…
but you should have checked the tutorial and guide section first…

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=251347#post251347

I read Raiyaz’s post and it was confusing, as he lists a sequence and then goes on to contradict that sequence in his examples.

I believe the examples are correct, though.

His sequence should probably be:
n Reduced Target’s Resistance
-n% Resistance
n% Reduced Target’s Resistance

Yes?