When to start Forgotten Gods?

Did I just gimp my current character? I noticed a new ! when I was at a hub. I accepted it without realising it starts the Forgotten Gods content. My campaign is around act3 or 4 (Homestead) right now in the main game.

My BM was 41 at the time, now 43. If I am correct, the content DOES not autolevel to your current level. Is it so? For example WoW and some other games do have autoleveling content. So am I now stuck with level 41ish mobs in the beginning of Korvan areas? Atleast it for sure seems like it.

Anyhow, since I have never been in that content I started to play it even I realize that I might outlevel the main campaign content. So when I get back from FG (Korvan areas) the mobs around Homestead will be low.

Is that so? I do not yet know much about the mechanics of the expansion stuff in GD. I just came back few days ago and bought all expansions as well.

It shouldn’t be too bad. Mobs scale in their areas and iirc in Normal that’s up to 70-75 in the vanilla game.

You can always go back into the main game and complete that, but it’s up to you. Smoothest progression is GD - AoM - FG.

1 Like

Nice and Phew, I just started again from the beginning of Korvan and it seems that they indeed scale. I will go back to the main campaign to get all the goodies first, like bag slots, I can return to expansion later. It’s been some times since I last time played so everything still feels new :heart_eyes:

Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The storyline also follows that order, if that matters to you.