Where do I find my save folder, because it is not where it should be!

Hello all,

I’m using Grim Dawn in the GOG version, including the two DLCs Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods! I have also installed the mod Reign of Terror (Diablo 2 mod), which is causing me some problems, as it does not display any quests, for example.
Now I wanted to install the Quest Fix, but for that I need the save folder, but it is definitely not under C:/Users/Name/Documents!
To be honest, I don’t know where to look at all, because I can’t find anything under Saved Games either.

Ciao
Tom

P.S.: … I use Windows 10, and Grim Dawn including DLCs and Mod are installed under C:/Games/Grim Dawn

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

What platform are you using? Steam or GOG?

Thank you,

I’m using Grim Dawn in the GOG version.

Ciao
Tom

If you’re using local saves then they should be in My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Save. Not sure where they are if you’re cloud saving.

If you use GOG Galaxy then find where that is on your machine and check in there.

For Steam the path is

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save

I would guess Galaxy would be similar.

1 Like

… there is nothing to be found under my documents - the folder is empty! I don’t use Steam, no saves are saved under pCloud either, and I don’t use GOG Galaxy either, because I always use the offline version of the games. It seems to be more difficult than I thought … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If Microsoft OneDrive is active down in your notification area… it’s possible it might be hijacking your Grim Dawn saves in the Documents location.

If it is active on your system I would suggest taking a look in OneDrive’s folder and see if it contains anything from Grim Dawn.

1 Like

… Congratulations - you are a really good super moderator, and I feel very well taken care of here! Thanks for the prompt help, which is not necessarily the order of the day in other forums. The save games are indeed stored in the Ondrive folder, and not only those from Grim Dawn, but also from Horizon Zero Down, which I want to continue playing soon … :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

… sorry powbam - the thanks goes to you, of course, but our super moderator took great care of me … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good - kinda had a feeling there that OneDrive was responsible. Naturally, you will need to either configure OneDrive’s settings to leave the Documents location alone, or you would need to disable it from running on your system at start to prevent it from meddling with these files.

Happy gaming.

… thank you very much - I will do it … :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, for some strange reason OneDrive can hi-jack game saves. :woman_shrugging:

… now I know, and it won’t happen to me again … :innocent:

… if it’s up to me, the post can be closed, because everything that was necessary has been said. My problem has been solved … :sunglasses: