Which one is better for pushing build to the limits? SR or Crucible Waves?

Which one is better for pushing build to the limits? SR or Crucible Waves and why?
Do u have fun with it?

Testing your builds it has to be SR I guess since it’s effectively endless.

Fun though - neither. I find both boring and much prefer to run around in the campaign instead.

I agree about Crucible, it’s incredibly boring. Running in circles in a tiny level is the opposite of fun to me. The strategic approach pretty much boils down to learning which enemies to attack first in which wave since all enemies have a fixed spawn order. There is absolutely no variety there. Which is why for some players Crucible was the only build performance metric for years.

SR on the other hand offers tons of variety, not only regarding the environment. Even the strategic approach is much more varied, depending on build and playstyle. But I understand if some players find that boring too when comparing it to the campaign, which is even more varied since it offers quests, story, lore etc which isn’t the case in SR.

That’s why I can’t wait for the Ascended (sp?) difficulty mode coming with FoA, there’s a good chance it will replace SR as my personal endgame testing grounds.

1 Like