Which Ravager should I face

I just killed him - very safely - in 4.03 with this setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26rqdb2

Very elated with how this build has come together. Up until yesterday I had Octavius Pauldrons in the shoulder slot - and a second Gargabol ring in the ring slot - and I was sporting a whopping 60% phys resist (3rd piece in the set gives an extra 10% res, plus flat trauma damage).

I was just idly looking upon my gear when I realized none of the Octavius pieces gives any useful + skill points to specific skills I use (aside from the Oathkeeper mastery on the helm, of course). That’s when it occurred to me to change the shoulder - I realized I’d lose 10% phys resist (which is probably overkill anyway) and could make up the trauma damage elsewhere.

I spent a bit of time in my stash looking at different shoulder options and settled on the Korvan Spaulders - base phys/trauma damage, health, aether resistance, +3 to a skill I use, and the icing on the cake: elemental to phys conversion, so I can achieve 100% (turning all fire/burn damage on RF, Guardian of Empyrion, Smite, and Empyrion devotion to armour pass phys/trauma). And I was fortunate enough to already have this particular roll in my stash - Impervious of Readiness - keeping any good looking greens throughout my gameplay really pays off!

This also meant I could drop the 2nd Gargobol Ring and take up Black Matriarch for the proc, bringing my total phys RR to -100! And I spotted a second lovely synergy - the Ugdenbog belt turns half of that poison damage into trauma to boot!

So, testing this boosted offensive capability on Ravager, it increased kill time from over 5 minutes to just over 4!

I didn’t bother putting an Arcane Spark in the medal: my combined cooldown comes to 15%, so I can run Ascension half the time, which comes with lovely energy leech resist. Between this, potions and a bit of kiting, it wasn’t a huge problem.

Yep, the Colossal Bulwark is a lovely option for perma overguard builds - drops the damage penalty to “only” 8%, and the Colossal Grasp are godly - an absolute must have for this kind of build.

P.S. I’ve left 2 augment slots in helm/belt free for chaos resistance augment (I previously had mankind vigil, but no longer need the aether). Just waiting to get revered to obtain the Solael’s augment, and that will take it to max.

1 Like

build look solid, but what source of elemental damage are you converting to physical?

Or you use octavius purley for +% dmg? You could go spellscourge helm and shoulder for attack speed bonus. (or warborn… ending up with more or less my build :stuck_out_tongue: )

you could use blindside or markovian for some DA shred too

Another thing, is that spellscorge amulet provide attack speed to overguard, that is why dps will become actually a bit higher with perma overguard (with that MI sheld and the gloves)

RF has 246 burn over 3 seconds at lvl 24 - plus there is the fire/burn damage on Summon Guardian of Empyrion/Celestial presence, and fire damage on Smite, and lastly, fire damage on Empyrion constellation! Not world beating, perhaps, but very nice to transfer over :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a look at Spellscourge but didn’t want to make “too big” changes.

I just use Rylok’s wings in the amulet for dual OA/DA shred

1 Like

That is abysmal smal damage :wink:

Yeah you could use the fumble medal augment that I use instead.

But yeah, I guess RF can be more potent than cadence when it comes to damage :slight_smile: I dont think I have made a RF sword and shield build yet, I only used RF for charges attack speed and armor in an older setup

dude, there are shield builds that kills ravager in like 40 seconds

with witchblade + fevered rage it can be even faster

Hmm it all just seems to come together to add a respectable boost. It just seems to work on this configuration. Why have Empyion if half the damage is useless in the form of fire… :thinking: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because

1 Like

btw the internal trauma on blindside is (can be) higher than on retribution, plus you shred DA

I think the secret is that shield. Ridiculous phys resist, and that + the belt more or less takes care of DA. When I rolled that shield, I knew it was destined for greatness! The +2 Divine Mandate is the icing on the cake, because it’s allowed me to overmax to 17 and reach that 50% crit damage landmark

1 Like

there is nothing special with “50% crit dmg”

it is a good shield for sure :slight_smile: but even something more basic will do the trick, like stonehide of barricades

1 Like

it was my personal landmark :sweat_smile:

another Idea is to use the updated Milton casque , has nice modifiers to shield training. I know some use it for blitz builds.

Small update in 1.1.9.1 for the medal I am using

Unfortnunately, shield got this modifier

so goodbye builds