Why is Grim Dawn so awesome?

… multiple … SO many reasons :slight_smile:

• single player untethered - I’m a fan
  • old school feel - also a fan, because I’m, er, old
  • replay value is through the roof - I have about 60 toons between lvl 35 and 85 and only finished AoM once … stop laughing :smiley: … can’t finish a game before reading another build and then wanting to try out that one
  • you can play easy - don’t have to minmax and can pretty much get through Normal with just trying out stuff
  • you can play hard - minmax, optimise, higher difficulties, hardcore, push the boundaries
  • theorycrafting - using GrimTools online and planning builds is fun in itself, it feels like an accomplishment when you can drop in that last Devotion point and complete that T3 constellation which turns your build into ‘beyond broken’, and then you get to have fun again and actually play it
  • game world - which actually has some serious lore if you read the notes and conversations

And that’s just the game. Of course then there is the community side of it as well - thanks to all of you assorted nuts in the forums for adding to the experience with your builds, questions, suggestions, tangents, outright loony comments, etc. :smiley:

And, saving the best for last, …
a dev team who is responsive - thanks again Crate for everything you guys are doing, which has gone well beyond ‘just’ making a game

my 2 iron bits worth …

Oh yes and (a bit of a late) Happy New Year! Wishing you all many blessings and successes in 2019.

Regards,
cr

great description, also my opinion, splendid :smiley:
also, i like the modding and MP-part as well!
keep up the amazing work Crate!

• The game is awesome because these silly devs have to much passion.
  • They listen to the feedback of the community and communicate.
  • To much interesting lore.
  • To much build diversity.

Basically it is to much awesomeness.

• Devs are very passionate and dedicated
  • Devs are very experienced in the old school ARPG genre
  • Devs pour part of their soul within every aspect of GD
  • game is very dark, gritty and mature
  • game is self-published
  • game is just a better and upgraded Diablo 2 LoD - the True Diablo 3 we all have been wanting

Care to elaborate? Flaws yes, but crippling flaws?

I mean, there is this:

Ahah yeah you need a key dropped by some cultist corpse to enter a door already widely open.

You just think it’s a “crippling flaw” but it’s actually a cultist illusion. You think they learn nothing during all those sacrifices?

What keeps me coming back is the seemingly endless possibilities for how to build and play my character. So as others have put it, the customization.

Oh, and no random stat rolls on legendaries is a big plus. Diablo 3 ruined farming gear for me with that idiotic system. I don’t mind farming for perfect NUMBER rolls on gear, but to have to roll for both the perfect types of stats AND numbers for those stats is ridiculous. So thank you Grim Dawn for not being that with your legendaries.

It’s a great game! worth looking into for more details!