Why is Nightblade so squishy?

It should still be accurate since it saves to that folder.

Oh. I made a mistake. Yes, it is up to date now! here is the link:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EbPgjV

The problem is I simply can’t stand still against Lokarr. I just die too quick or not leeching enough.

The change is that now when you click the “arrow up icon” GrimTools will help you with the search path :slight_smile:

For Lokarr , bad armor and phys res.

For Lokarr, big issues that stand out immediately to me are low armour/armour absorption/physical resistance and not high enough DA.

but how do you get more “armor” if I am using Chillwhisper set?

This might give you some ideas [1.1.4.0] Chillheart Devotee - DW Caster Chillwhisper/Proc Infiltrator - 6min [c+][sr+][g3][vid]

Getting more armour is going to be difficult but you can at least push your armour absorption up to 95%+ with a few Scaled Hide/Sacred Plating/Living Armour.

You might be able to pick up a bit more Physical resistance in devotion or by shifting gear around (10-15% is nice to have on casters) but it’s going to be fiddly. Your devotion route could be improved I’d say as I would not go for Will of Rattosh on Gravechill Reaper.

The other thing you should really be looking at as a caster are other ways to lower or mitigate damage that you have not taken e.g. Mark of Torment and Decay/Ill Omen.

Edit: Getting a better relic than Deathchill would also help a metric ton, Serenity would give you a circuit breaker and help with capping resistances for instance.

Everything Evil_Baka said should be done immediately. Both Mark of Torment and Ill Omen are a must and Will of Rattosh just isn’t helping you. Try and change your gameplan. I would have taken Rhowan’s Crown and Murmur and focused completely on cold damage. Frostburn alone should be enough to take him down but you need to make a lot of changes gear-wise.

Amulet - You need a “Mythical Deathbound Amethyst” - can’t get one, use what you have but know that it’s definitely not BiS for your build
Belt - Farm a “Gargoyle Waistguard” - A decent one will improve your build exponentially.
I get you tried a bit of vitality+cold but in the end those type of builds will not be able to take down a celestial. It’s easier to focus on one damage type.

Lokarr has 105% Vitality damage and 35% life leech resistance, keep that in mind.
He can easily one shot you in your current setup.

1 Like

What others suggested is totally valid, but that’s a fundamental problem with this set. DE wants you to facetank, but Chillwhisper just lacks that capability, especially if it’s Reaper rather than Apostate. Most common way to use this set for high end content is to just kite while Blade Spirits do the work.

I took Rattosh thinking that I can out heal his damage as the -health resistance seems useful on my other Drainer.

So I should focus on Cold/Frost damage instead eh? I try to go with a mix of Cold/Vitality but I find that some enemies are very resistant to Cold.

And I also hate using Mark of Torment. I find it’s a very buggy skill. Many times I use it, it doesn’t come out right away. And it only lasts like 3s?? ugh.

Thanks. I’ll read through all comments again. I picked this set because I really like Drain Essence, thinking that Blade Spirit can help me leech more health. LOL

I thought about Deathbound Amethyst but didn’t take it because I don’t like how it changes everything to Cold but I get the point now.

Thing is, damage types aren’t quite equal. There are much more vitality resistant enemies than cold resistant, so if your class only has one RR skill for cold and one RR skill for vitality then it makes more sense to work with cold. Vitality works well only with two RR skills from masteries, with a single exception of vitality Phantasmal Blades.

Really? I thought there are more enemies that are resistant to Element damage type. Especially Lightning!!! Those Scorpions in desert.

What does RR mean? I have a level 100 Arcanist/Necro who was my first Drainer. She took both tier 2 and 3 Vitality.

Oh and I also just found out that my Drain Essence can’t trigger Viper devotion. :frowning: It needs a skill with Weapon damage to trigger it eh?

Is it worth going for tier 3 Leviathan? that route seems to take away a lot of defensive options! lol

Use shadow strike to trigger Viper.

I know how you feel about Mark of Torment specially in rooms with multiple enemies but against one boss it’s much easier to land the skill.

I have suggested to the devs in the past that the skill should auto target the enemy with the highest HP in the room. I find it clunky to use as well. But the 50% damage absorption is huge.

Ill Omen lowers enemies physical damage and is easy to land. You kinda need both these skills for survivability on a Necro build

III Omen only has ONE second debuff? Seriously? I don’t think I"ll bother with it. too much hassle.

I just find Mark of Torment a very clunky skill period. It’s hard to target, hard to use and it’s relatively short duration. I rather they make it weaker but make it more easy to use or last a lot longer. Make it a small aoe so targeting is easier. The current version is very hard to use especially when there is a big group of enemies. I don’t even know where to get more points for Mark. I was going to put more points into Dual Blades to get more Physical resist.

Should I get Tier 3 Whirlpool?

Ill Omen has a base duration of 3 seconds. The damage reduction is reapplied every second.

Oh ok. the skill description says its physical damage debuff is 1 second. that’s why I was surprised.

Mark of Torment requires practice, you should have no problem applying it on Lokarr and its duration increases with rank.

RR = resistance reduction

Ill Omen is a “ticking” skill afaik (ticks each seconds for the duration) thus you have reduced damage for the duration but is reapplied on each “tick”. You can see that the broken sword icon blinks (test on target dummies)