Why is OFF discriminated against?

do these items level you to a reasonable rate, or are you actually starting in elite/ultimate at level 1?
Personally I usually go into elite at level 38/39
And Ultimate around 60/65

They aren’t going to do what you hope. Which is why they are doing this alternative instead. PoE has a much larger team and a renewable business model capable of supporting such expensive and resource intensive rework. Crate will not put the time or effort into such a scheme here. The scale of it is drastic and they have other things they want to do.

You can apparently start as early as you get your hands on the items. Zantai showed a level 2 in the last stream going in to Ultimate. They have the mobs scale to you.

Or, you know, there is the thing where we don’t think it’s a good fit for the game, or for first time players.

With the merits though, veterans of the game can start on Ultimate at level 1, which actually makes for a fun challenge, and it rains XP.

Yeah, and that :wink:

With FG, the playthrought will be extended again, without increasing the level cap. Now you will finish normal with a higher lever, and probably prefer to skip to ultimate asap (i usually finish normal at 60 without xp boost, now i think i will be hitting 70 by the end of FG, or more)

I think they realized that, and tried to find a solution to not make the game eccesively long for rerolls with this new item. Specially with lokarr set and pots you reach 70+ by your first Loghorrean encounter.

So ultimate will scale from level 1? ie I’ll have -50% all resist but the zombies outside Burrwitch will be level 1 not level 80? If so thank you !!! that’s such a time saver I can live with -50% resists at those low levels

I suggest you watch the beginning of the video - because although they’ll be L1 they still hit much harder than in normal.

Zan, give us a transmutor that gets rid of the freeze and boost the damage and -100% cooldown reduction so we can spam it.

I’m dead serious, make it into a frost nova and you’ve pretty much given us another build. Make it happen

Cold spell needs some serious love and not through conversion either but through the actual skills themselves. I would kill for some sort of cold themed

2xChillflame Evoker + Star Pact + CT = spammable OFF

You seem to need a doctor. :confused:

Ct doesn’t even look as good as OFF. I also would love to have this skill as my main attack, or at least use it vs. bosses. I mean, you could still use it vs. bosses to just lose some mana, but other than that it doesn’t do anything.

OK. If you say so…

You’re the one that said CT doesn’t do anything, in my quoted post, you’re not gonna push that on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was using OFF when warpfire had twice the cold conversion to fire. I used it mainly for damage really! It was before the AOM expansion though, when sorcerer were the best for callidor’s tempest builds.

To be fair since then I didn’t do any mage builds that required me to take OFF. And quite frankly most the time you better be tanky than taking OFF because it doesn’t work agasint bosses anyways.

Yes! Every RPG I play, I start playing a cold build, hoping that this set of devs won’t find a reason to make it weak. I’m always disappointed. I scan the build forums for a few weeks, but always the same - cold is weaker than other damage.

There’s not even a time when they try to fix it and make it OP for a while before sliding back - it’s just always weak.

I don’t know why. I can only guess that they are afraid of slow or freeze being OP, but then other stun/confuse mechanics achieve the same effect, so…?

And then there are some damage types that kill things before they can blink. So where’s the harm in slow/freeze?

I find freeze being the strongest CC mechanic in the game. I’ts better than stun overall! It just doesn’t work agasint bosses except with a set you can a litle bit but not all bosses.

Also cold builds aren’t weaker than other damage type! ‘‘Usually’’, infiltrator is the best combo for cold builds though.

Cold Spellbreaker and Cold Infiltrator are powerful, specially the latter. Cold is in no way weaker than other damage types, it’s actually one of the strongest.

A while back, freeze was broken and easy to abuse. No need for that.

I have 3 dedicated cold builds and they all perform well (one of them using OFF). They might not stomp Gladiator (or mb they do, haven’t tried it for a while), but they clear all vanilla content.

Like 0.5 sec less cd on OFF would be nice to make it a bit more spammable, but neverthelss, I think the skill does what it is intended to do (cc/debuff).

Before 7.1 cold had, debatably, both the strongest melee (Korba Trickster) and the strongest caster (RoH). Rune of Hagarrad was the one of the most often brought up skills in discussions about what should be nerfed. Please hold back on your judgements until you get the facts straight.

It’s been a while since I played - maybe a year or more - when I did, cold was rubbish. Through a fair few versions of the game.

At that time there were many moans about cold being poor. There were some builds that could be made to work, but they needed to be exactly right and often needed certain itemisation to do so. And they were weaker than the top builds which all used other damage types.

But this is a bit of a distraction - I shouldn’t have mentioned it in this thread. For GD I’m more concerned about the fact that OFF has always been underwhelming / disappointing. And that there’s no real way to play ranged in a way that stays at range. It’s only my personal view, but I don;t like that design which is why I’ve stayed away. Looks like I’ll be continuing to do that.