Why no steam mods?

I can’t seem to locate any threads discussing this so I’ll ask here. Why are there no mods for this in the steam mod browser? Are they just not allowed there or something? I just feel like it would be much easier on the steam users to just get the mods from there not to mention I’m not entirely comfortable getting mods from somewhere else that require too many steps to install that I could end up screwing up on, my friend feels the same. If anyone has any answers for this then I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Dunno why they haven’t decided to do Steam Workshop.

There’s nothing to screw up tho. “Mods” are pretty much all in a .zip file of some form or the other when you download them. Just move the file to the “mods” folder in the GD installation directory and unzip the contents of the file directly into this folder. Start up the game and switch to a Custom game and away you go.

Yep, as Powbam said it’s very simple to install the mods. Open the zip, find the root folder for the mod (should be the mod name, if you see database/resources folders you’ve gone 1 layer too deep) and drop it into grim dawn/mods folder.

Why it cannot be integrated into steam, I don’t know. Could have something to do with some other underlying issue we as players/modders don’t know. Personally I don’t like steam mods and would rather them stay as they are.

Most people think building their own PC is a huge scary process in which they will utterly obliterate every single piece of hardware simply by touching it when the reality of it is everything comes with incredibly detailed instructions. Installing mods is no different. Once you learn how simple it really is (as Powbam said), you’ll never understand why you waited so long.

Also, Moddb and Nexus are probably the most secure sites for mods. If you’re downloading a mod straight from a download page listed in these forums and it’s not some random mod made by a new user with one post, I think you’ll be fine.