Why not a Warhammer Fantasy mod?

One of the things that I have been thinking for years and that I would like to share the idea. I’m not a modder but i’m a dreamer xD. In my youth I played the board game, with some armies (Chaos, Bretonia, DE,VC) it is true that I did not have complete armies (it is quite expensive) but I did have a few secondhand miniatures, the fact is that in the end I fall in love to the Warhammer lore, army books, novels… Is a rich, extended and diverse lore.

And of course, seeing how Grim Dawn is, a grim dark universe, with a civilization similar (not 100% equal) to the Empire… With lots of: monstrous, magical, human, undead enemies … A system of factions… Greats and varied scenarios… These are features that remind me of Warhammer Fantasy!.

One of the things that reminded me te City of Malmouth the first time I saw it, was the ruined City of Mordheim (all infected with aether crystals), because the scenarios are similar to the board game, until the etherean crystal remind the warpstone. And these characteristics I do not say that they are unique in Grim Dawn, but it is true that Grim Dawn recreates it very well.

It would be incredible to be able to exploit the great Grim Dawn modding possibilities for a Warhammer Fantasy mod. And recreating that universe, for commenting above and giving examples of areas such: the great forests of the Empire, an area more similar to Norsca or Naggaroth with cold climates, tropical areas of Lustria, Khemri and its desert areas and ruins, subterranean zones infected of skavens and even some section of Chaos Reigns inside the Warp.

I do not know if somebody could use units models from other games of Warhammer (I will not say their names but their acronyms and there are a few) CB, TW: W, DoW… And make a mod that works with the factions system, so we can make characters with belonging to the Empire, Chaos, Undead (being able to do a couple of subfactions of them like VC and TB) etc…

How I was explaining it. So you can make characters belonging to a particular faction: The Empire, Chaos, Undead (VC and TB) etc … And you have your friendly faction and the other enemy factions, or even became a mercenary and may have several friendly factions at once (or fight them all without belonging to any). And that without counting on fighting against whole set of wild creatures that populate the lands of Warhammer Fantasy.

That is, and to access settlements of your friend faction without hostility and vice versa, exactly the same as with the two factions faced in Grim Dawn. And do it the same way (not being able to enter the enemy settlement) to maintain coherence.

Well, all these ideas I wanted to share with the Grim Dawn community before more time passes and I forget some details. Thanks for your attention and sorry my English.

1 Like

I have no ability to mod and I don’t even use any of the one’s currently available BUT, as one of the early adopters back in the mid 80s of WFRP, I would absolutely dive into this head first. Half the characters I currently have our based off of characters and npcs from my WFRP games back in the day.

EDIT: Also, I have a sneaky suspicions WFRP/WFB had to have been something of an influence on Grim Dawn for inspiration at least.

You do realize Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy are different things right?

1 Like

i do now, lol