Will O Wisp - Pet Cabalist

In fact, they are very common. Basically every “ghost-like” enemy in Forgotten Gods can drop them. Clear Kairan docks once or maybe twice and you should have more than enough of them.
BTW, if you want to know where to get a certain item from, you can always look it up in the grimtools database, like this.

SR is a good place to farm for gear, but so is Crucible. If you’re tired of SR, you might also try your hand at Crucible, possibly on “Challenger” difficulty. You can also find legendary items as a “by-product” by farming the campaign for crafting mats or by doing rogue-like dungeons. SR and Crucible are the most efficient ways to get gear though. Also remember that you can transmute set items into other items of the same set if you unlocked this in Forgotten Gods. If you find for example two Bysmiel’s medals, you can transform the worse of them into something else.

1 Like

What @Athremon said :blush:

Also, welcome to the forums :smile:

Ive completed my diviners set finally!

Im trying to finish ultimate main campaign. Ive got revered on all factions except Malmouth resistance, Barrowhelm, and Kymon. Should I just choose kymon instead of death vigil faction? I chose death vigil on elite and normal. Will it affect the build in any way?

Kymon’s won’t let you join if you have already selected Necromancer as one of your masteries :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi. i love this build, curently lvling through ultimate.
which is most powerfull summon or skill to use until i grind some good gear and get more lvls?
i am strugling to find some good pet gear, any advice where it drops more often?

Thanks!

(and sorry for my english :slight_smile: )

Welcome to the forum!

BTW, your English is fine. :smiley: A lot of people here - including me - aren’t English native speakers. Don’t worry. :smiley_cat:

Since you got the Occultist mastery, you can always follow Mayas pet Occultis guide. Simply focus on the Occultist mastery and respec into the full “Will-o-Wisp” build later. At around level 70-75 or a bit later you can switch to the final build. That’s what I did, too, when I leveled this build.

Note that the real strength of the build lies in the “Reap Spirit” skill. So before you can transition to the final build, you need enough skill points to fill the Necromancer mastery bar AND put some points into “Reap spirit”. Before that you’re better off with strong Occultist pets - especially the Familiar is your friend.

Regarding gear: This build doesn’t include items that can be target farmed. Except for the weapon (the blueprint can be obtained from the “Cult of Bysmiel” faction in Forgotten Gods), everything you need are “random drops” you can find anywhere.

I’d suggest to level to 100. Then you can run rogue-like dungeons, Shattered Realm on Normal or maybe Elite difficulty or Crucible on lower difficulties (don’t try Gladiator with a fresh 100 character) to get better gear.

ok thanks :slight_smile:
is it possible to alternate devotion point to more offensive version? something either metheor or thunder like? for the purpose of lvling, i know that in endgame this from maya is must for survirval.

Hmm… Pet builds in general aren’t super-fast to level. They are rather on the “safe and reliable” side of things.

Without going too much out of the way, you could try something like this. To be clear: I only played around with devotions a bit - I didn’t change anything else.

Note that this is really “quick and dirty” - and untested. I basically just took the defensive constellations (Tree of Life, Ishtak and Turtle) and replaced them with devotions that should give your pets a bit more damage. Something like Ulzuin’s torch (Meteors) or Leviathan (pools of cold damage) would be completely “out of the way”. That would be a totally different setup. IMHO bad idea.

Also keep in mind: Damage procs may be nice, but the aren’t on constellations you would usually take for a pet build. So going that direction has pros and cons. You gain proc damage, but you loose out on flat damage for your pets, which is also important… And as soon as you meet the harder hitting bosses, you need more defense and sustain anyway.

Sorry but is there any reason this build is using Marks of Illusions on rings instead of runebound topazes or bloodied crystals? Does that little bit of spirit/nrg regen feel worth it? Can get a lot more DA with topazes as well as some health or a bunch of armor with crystals.

Dunno if I missed some discussion about this… thanks.

You have to remember, for each Spirit gained - you can re-allocate points way from Spirit equipment requirements (such as off-hands) and put that into Physique and 12 Physique is 6 DA (and HP and HP regen) which effectively makes mark of illusions worth 38 DA instead.

Otherwise it’s a trade-off between armor + bleeding resist for energy regen (since damage is mostly useless for pet classes).

I’m inclined to agree that armor is generally more valuable than the energy regen and I’d go for bloodied crystals myself.

I understand your point, but a mark of illusions doesn’t even come close, especially when this build isn’t really swimming in DA as it is. Seems like an oversight more than anything.

1 Like

I definitely agree, OP/Maya’s builds are generally good but there’s still room for changes.

As an aside, I think it’s because OP has many ‘No potions/consumables used’ phrases in the thread.
Maybe OP has some kind of self-imposed restriction like: ‘no energy potions’ - and that is the reason they value energy regeneration so highly… :thinking:

The reason:

Yes, you go for Mogdrogen in that case. Something like the devo setup here: Korba's Animalery - Pet Conjurer

Any changes with 1.1.6.0?

I might delete the build for 1.1.6.0…

Familiar got nerfed, Aether conversion on Reap Spirits lost and BlightFiends with Ghol set simply perform better.

Well this is a “tad” bit disappointing. I was running toward this in HC multi with a friend. Looked at your Rawr God build as you recommended but I’m not a big fan of Poison damage (personal preference). May just have to suck it up and do that one anyone as we were planning to really push as far as we can in HC with this (celestials and all.)

Will O Wisp has always been on the lower side when it came to defenses since a few patches ago. It did however used to make up for it with its damage potential, especially on single targets. But yeah, the current nerfs hit a bit too hard.

One of the builds major strengths was the synergy between Aether & Lightning, especially with the proc from Widow devotion for a good amount of RR. That and being able to use 2 full sets, ofcourse.

But with nerfs to both Familiar and Cold > Aether replaced by 30% of Cold dealt as Vitality, we lose too much dmg for it to be worth it, especially in HC.

However, all that said, you could still try it and respec if it doesn’t perform well (as long as you don’t die while trying it out :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

What are you currently thinking then for strong pet builds, fluffy squishy?

Ghol Blightfiend builds actually. They got both defense and offense and the only real advantage Familiar based builds have over Blightfiends is being able to kill Crate of Entertainment due to Familiar builds not having the AoE of Blightfiends.