Will O Wisp - Pet Cabalist

So, I am going to be a bit busy in the next few days and so won’t be able to test this. But since there seems to be bit of a demand for Skeleton based builds, I kind of theorycrafted my own.

Spoopy Bones: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxe0oJZ

Once again, I have no idea how it will perform ingame. So, try it out at your own peril.

Is Master of Death really worse than Possession since only the one pointer pets are affected by the phys-vit conversion?

Possession was taken for the damage absorption it provided. Build felt a bit too squishy for my personal taste without it. But if you have no problem surviving stuff, you can go with Master of Death instead.

The flat dmg from Ishtak get affected by the phy>vit conversion too, btw.

Ok, after a bit of testing just to make sure about Master of Death vs Possession, I find no notable difference in kill/clear times between the two. So you don’t really lose anything by going with Possession instead.

Tests were conducted on Ravager and Crucible

Build is going nice for me so far! Thanks for the work.

Just a quick question, was looking at your budget build vs. the main one, I have everything for the main one except all the Bysmiel stuff + Diviner Codex + Leg.

Would you recommend going with the budget one still or use the main build and try to plug the missing items with lesser ones?

I’ve never even considered trying that, but I could definitely believe it. The chaos resistance could probably allow you to be a little more aggressive elsewhere, and any reduced player kiting leads to increased damage output. I’ll have to try that out myself and see if I get the same results.

Happy to hear that you like it :smiley:

Upto you. The budget build is supposed to be something for when you are just starting out on your first character. So depending upon what items you have you should be able to make a better build :slight_smile:

Do you have any issues with Kuba in 75+ SR? It’s the only boss that I have to resummon multiple times for. Wondering if I’m fighting him wrong (i.e. not moving pets out of puddles or something) or if it’s just the nature of the bleed resists on the build for pets.

So, Crucible with extra spawns done :smiley:

Crucible 151-170, + Extra Spawns, without Blessings/Banner: https://i.imgur.com/ggqGWOu.jpg
Took about 15 mins. No potions/consumables used except for Tonic of Mending. But that was because I had the worst luck with Bosses on both 160 & 170. Having Grava, Kaisan and 2 Valdaran’s swapping you back and forth like a yo-yo is not a pleasant experience…

Yeah, that is pretty normal. Especially since you have limited space to move around in if you try to avoid pulling the other bosses too. Conjurers fare better due to having Briarthorn’s Aura for extra Bleed Res for Pets.

You can use Ateph’s Will on jewelry if it becomes a problem. That should fix pet Bleed res.

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83490

So, Mend Flesh is now becoming an AoE heal and the Wraiths from Reap Spirit are getting a duration bonus. And ofcourse Blood of Dreeg gets more Hp regen.
So our build is getting buffed :stuck_out_tongue:

I followed you devotion setup for the budget build but have a problem with it.

As follows:

1. Purple Crossroads
  2. Shepherd’s Crook
  3. Remove Purple Crossroads
  4. Yellow Crossroads
  5. Assassin’s Blade
  6. Green Crossroads
  7. Raven
  8. Remove Green Crossroads

after completing Raven im 1 green point short for crown if i remove the crossroads one.

If im just blind and miss something lemme know but if not than there you go.

Take care :3

Oops, yeah thanks for pointing that out. I messed up the order on it. Sorry.

You are supposed to remove the green crossroads after getting Rhowan’s Crown. I will fix it in the guide.

If you see any other errors, please let me know :smiley:

How is this build compared to the bird conjurer?

In term of strength and gameplay?

Conjurer is a bit more easier and stronger. But not by much.

Yeah, on the note of Possession, I’m of the opinion that Master of Death is super weak right now. Going Possession instead makes sense, just hadn’t been something I tried.

I’d really like to see the conversion on that exclusive moved elsewhere like as a transmuter to spectral binding, and slightly buffing the exclusive itself.

MoD without the conversion would be pretty neat for non Vitality pet builds :smiley:

I see a 15-30s slowdown in crucible times for Ghol and Lost Souls Cabalists using Posession over Master of Death. Non poison/vitality builds may see less of a hit.

Well, I was talking about this build in specific rather than Cabalists in general. Haven’t tested Ghol’s or Lost Souls.

I’m aware, and I expect it would impact this build of yours less than Ghol/Lost Souls. I just thought it’d be an interesting/useful data point

Hm… true. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t curious about how it would affect something like Lost Souls. So, ty for testing it out.