Wind Devils

So, our playstyle should also be countable. This means players should have a chance to modify it. Adding a transmuter can provide that. It can be even on a item if it’s necessary. I understand your argument, you guys make the call and I respect that. But I guess there are a lot of us who thinks that way. Shouldn’t we stand a chance? We might do a survey aswell but I get it making a survey here with a limited player base won’t give a definite idea. From what I understand your statement making it permanent is not option. Okay for that. What about expanding aoe for it’s RR. Some builds only need the RR. It will make things more convenient. Or you can add a transmuter for only melee builds which reduce it’s CD or increase it’s appearance time or something.

2 Likes

Make a mod that makes wind devils permament, problem solved :grava_yes:

1 Like

Wind Devils when fully skilled is one of the most damaging skills in the entire game without any cdr, it’s pretty balanced now. I’d also love to have an option of them being permanent with the proper dmg reduction.

Yes true, but how many build have the luxury of maximizing the all skill line? They just keep raging tempest at 12 or if possible more and that’s all.

Is permanency worth a transmuter restriction to 1 max WD? A little damage loss is not enough to make it a big decision but an overall AoE/RR application loss might be.

Reducing WD from 3+ -> 1 means that much more exact pet control will be needed for the limited effect of 1.

And yes…I know OK has it all in guardians (and NB), but a little decision variety is a good thing. Shaman has a little different focus, as well.

Don’t think this can be done now with all the items that increase Wind Devil’s summon limit.

Don’t believe this can be done as Maelstrom is not a debuff aura, it’s a buff that occasionally attacks nearby enemies. Would have to defer to a modder though as Maelstrom’s skill template seems like a unique one to me (can’t find any other pets with it besides the weaker Wind Devils on Stormtrap and Stormcaller Beacon, only Boss I can find with a similar skill is Durg).

1 Like

Eh, Wind Devils are already meh when it comes to applying RR against groups.
No need to nerf it further if the intention is to add QoL.

Hell, I would opt for Maelstrom applying the RR instead if anything…

Then we can not have Maelstrom DoT stacking

1 Like

GD should migrate to a better engine image

What do you mean luxuary? The skill (Maelstorm) has high dmg and is worth investing.

It means that you have to focus on that skill line, you can’t just spam savagery and use full line Wind Devil in example.

How Many Primal Strike builds max Maelstrom?

What do you expect to hear, statistics? Depends on +skills you have. I always max Maelstorm on my lightning/converted melee builds if i can. It’s usually my second priority after the main skill.

Edit: it also depends on the highest possible rank you can achieve. If you can afford the gear to 22(21)/12 Maelstorm, you go for it.

Is there a way for the player to direct Wind Devils to attack a certain target, or set them to attack whatever the player is attacking? I’m playing a build with them now and I don’t mind constant recasting, damage, or speed, only that they always seem to target some enemy on the opposite side of the screen from where the action is.

1 Like

use the pet attack button.

Fun fact (though not wind devil related), for those who may be unaware, pet attack button can also be used to attack specific targets with Mortar Trap, as opposed to the otherwise random target selection.

2 Likes

This. With pet attack, you can make them move wherever you want.

2 Likes

I myself am fine with the small annoyance of resummoning them, Its when I start to compare (something I even preach to my kids to NOT do) that I have an issue. Maelstrom should most def apply RR - It is a part of the skill itself and one that requires a ton of sacrifice when your not making a wind devil build but its your only source of RR.
I would like to see Wind Devil as more of a aura (Would look great too) and maelstrom turned into a transmutor that could say split the tornado into 3 that roam instead of 1 single encompassing you.
Idea anyway, Im sure a shit one that would ruin most builds that rely on them.
How they are now I just simply dont use them even if they are my only RR source, I use devos and live with it.

Maelstrom cannot apply stacking RR.

No it isn’t.

1 Like

But the big deal about maelstrom is that you can stack its electrocute. If you would/could add -%RR here, you can not stack electrocute.
Also, you can only assign -%RR to certain skills, maelstrom is not “part” of the skill “Wind Devil”, it is a skill that the pseodpet “Wind devil” has

Edit: Got Ninjad by Ceno

Alrighty, my bad